23

You are my Peach. You are my Plum. You are my World. You are my Sun.

E

The three of us have been in this waiting room for hours. Harry and I arrived five hours ago. Frankie is a mess right now. He told us he got home from work and found her laying on their bed room floor unconscious. He still doesn't know what happened. The last time I've ever seen Frankie cry was when our parents died. I hate seeing him cry because then I know it's serious. Harry has fallen asleep with his head leaning up against the wall. I get up and go sit beside my brother who is in front of us.

"She's going to be okay." I tell him. He stays silent. I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Everything is going to be okay." I mumbled. I look at him and see his eyes glistening with fresh tears.

"We had something to tell you. We were going to call you tonight." He shut his eyes, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"What is it?" I ask him with tears welling up in my eyes.

"Alice is pregnant. We were going to have a baby." He sobs. I reach up and wrap my arms around him pulling him close.

"Frankie, you are still going to have a baby. You're going to be an amazing dad." I tell him trying to hold back my tears because at least one of us has to be strong. I continue to hold him until he gets up to get some fresh air.

Harry starts to stir in his seat and stretches his arms and legs out with a yawn. He looks at me and smiles.

"Anything new?" he asks with raised eyebrows. I shake my head. He gets up and sits beside me.

"Frankie told me that Alice is pregnant." I force a smile.

"Wow, that's amazing." He grins.

"He isn't being very hopeful." I sigh.

"It's never easy in these situations. It's always hard to gather all the thoughts swirling around."

"I hate seeing him like this. It reminds of me when our parents died." My eyes gloss over.

"I hate myself everyday for not being there for you or him back then." He bows his head.

"You're here now. That's all that matters." I glance at him.

"I'm never leaving again." He grabs my hand and holds it tight.

Frankie walks back in the same time the doctor does.

"Verona family?" He calls out. Frankie rushes over to him. Harry and I follow.

"How is she?" Frankie questions.

"She's responsive. We had to do a surgery to remove a blot clot from her leg. She is asleep, but you can go see her."

"What about the baby?" Frankie voices breaks a little towards the end.

"The baby is perfectly fine." The doctor smiles at him.

"Thank you so much."

The doctor tells us the room number and we all head up there. Frankie walks in and immediately takes her hand in his, whispering sweet things to her. Harry and I stand in front of her bed. His arms wrapped around me. I rest mine on his.

"I love you." He softly says into my ear.

"I love you." Grip his hand under mine tightly. I don't know what I would do if that was Harry laying in the bed.

//////////////////

Frankie let Harry and I stay at their apartment for the night before we have to head back to New York. Frankie stayed back at the hospital with Alice. It feels good to be back.