21

When I think about who I want next to me when all my dreams come true, it's you. It's always you.

H

I'm in Seattle for the weekend to visit my family before heading to London to meet with my old boss. My mom has been begging me to come home, so I think it's finally time I do. It feels nice to be back. A little weird staying in my old room, but I'm glad to be back for a little while.

"Harry!" my mother calls from downstairs. I get up and go see what she wants.

"What's up?" I walk into the kitchen and steal a piece of chicken from whatever it is she's making.

"I need you to go to the store for me. I need some more chicken broth." She tells me.

"Alright. I'll be back in thirty." I grab my keys and shoes from the entryway and make my way to the store.

Once I arrive, I walk into the crowded shop. It's a Thursday afternoon. Why are there so many people here? I look around at the signs above each aisle to find what I need. I continue my way through the shop and turn down aisle five and scan the shelves for the chicken broth. I grab one from the bottom shelf and turn to go check out.

"Harry Styles?" I look up from the ground to see my high school art teacher.

"Mr. Hodgins. Good to see you." I shake his hand.

"What're you doing now?" He questions me.

"I'm a music producer." I answer.

"That's great. Glad you went into the arts. Not many do anymore." He sighs.

"I wasn't going to but had a change of mind my sophomore year." I tell him.

"What about your art? Do you still paint?" He asks.

"Not much anymore. I can't even remember the last time I picked up a paint brush." I say.

"You were one of my best students. It's a shame. I'd love to see more of your work. Here," He hands me a card with his information on it.

"When ever you decide to use that talent of yours, give me a call and I'd be happy to help with anything you need." He smiles.

"Thanks Mr. Hodgins." I shake his hand again.

"Don't waste what you're given Harry." We say goodbye and I go pay and head back home.

/////////////////

It's the next day and I decided to look through all my past artworks. I used to paint so much in high school. It was a way to take away my stress.

"Hey mom!" I yell as I walk down the stairs.

"Out here." She yells back. I walk out to the backyard and find her shoveling snow off the patio.

"Have you seen more of my paintings?" I wrap my arms around myself to keep warm.

"I think there are someone in the spare bedroom closet." She informs me.

"Thanks." I turn around to head back inside.

"Are you going to start painting again?" I look back at her.

"Yeah. I think I am." I smile and walk inside.

I go upstairs and search through all my old paintings. I find a few that I really like and decide to bring them with me. I find a few blank canvases along with the rest of them and take them out. I bring them to my room and set one up on my easel. I find my box of paints and brushes on my shelf. I set everything up and start painting. I hope I haven't lost what I had.