11

When I found you, my heart found a home.

E

My first week at my new job is coming to an end but it's an amazing end. I've made a couple new friends, Clara and Oliver. Clara work as an editor and Oliver is a brand manager. I thought it would be hard for me to meet new people, but I realized once you are in your career and love what you are doing it's easier to be yourself and come out of your shell. I'm slowly opening up to everyone I work with. It will still take some time to get used to.

Harry was gone when I woke up this morning. He has been busy with phone calls and emails the past couple days. I've been getting all my stuff together for my photoshoot on Friday.

I made it to work this morning and was greeted with a coffee from Clara.

"Thank you so much." I tell her sitting down at my desk across from her.

"Your welcome." She smiles at me. "So, Donna set up a meeting for later to discuss Friday." She informs me.

"When is it?" I ask her while starting up my computer.

"In about an hour."

"Okay. Thanks for letting me know." I smile at her.

"Have any plans this weekend?" She questions.

"Spending it with a friend before he leaves to go home." I tell her.

"He? Who is he?" She raises her eyebrow.

"Harry. He's a childhood friend from Seattle." I say.

"And he is just a friend?" She looks at me curiously.

"Yes." I look up at her.

"Wait, is he the guy that is always here to pick you up?"

"That's him." She looks at me but doesn't say anything.

"What?" I stop typing.

"Nothing. I'm just, I just don't believe you guys are just friends." She says.

"Why?"

"He walks you to work and picks you up every day. You have a picture of you both as your background. I know you guys text all the time. I mean come on, you two are both beautiful people and I can tell by the look in your eyes, he means more to you than you would like to admit." She tells me honestly.

I look away from her and continue my work with Harry on my mind, as always.

//////////////////

The meeting went really well. I'm so excited to do my first assignment. Donna is letting everyone leave early today. I'm packing up my bag when I get a text from Harry.

H: Have some time for lunch. Want to meet up?"

E: Yes. The diner?"

H: Sounds good. Do you want me to pick you up?

E: No, it's okay. I'll meet you there.

I turn off my computer and grab my bag.

"Hey, Elsie." I turn around before heading out the door and see Oliver.

"Hey, Oliver." I smile and hug him.

"If you aren't doing anything this weekend. My boyfriend and I are throwing a party at our place. Come by and bring whoever you want." He lets me know.

"I will let you know. Thanks for the invite. I have to get going. I'll see you tomorrow." I tell him.

I walk out of the building and wave for a taxi. I tell the driver the address to the diner. I pay him and thank him when we arrive. I step inside and look for Harry. He is sat in the same place we did when we first ate here. I smile and walk over to him. He looks up at me once I sit down across from him.