Chap. 1

Chapter One
May Scott

"The famous May has finally arrived." Liam, my best friend, smiles at me showing his row of white teeth. As I approach the circular table, he gently closes the book he was currently reading and takes off the nerdy black glasses he always wore whenever he's alone.

"Nice to see you, too, Liam." I gave him a genuine smile.

"Ten minutes late?" He looks at his wrist, "you're never late. You usually get here before me." He says, taking a fry into his mouth.

"I stayed back in Professor Woods's class. He says something important coming up." I explained away. Taking off my spring jacket and bag, placing them both behind my chair next to Liam.

After a few moments, I start to take a look around the small cafe. Strange that Abby isn't here causing a huge scene. I brought my gaze to Liam. "Where's Abby?"

He nonchalantly shrugs his shoulders. "I haven't seen her all day. Maybe she's in her dorm studying." He supposed.

I gave him a weird look. "Liam, it's Abby. Does that sound like her at all to you?"

"You're right. Maybe she's still asleep from last night's party." He goes back to eating his food.

"Last night?" I furrowed my eyebrows. The only thing I remember from last night was Liam and I studying in his dorm, and that Abby was play-fighting with Liam's roommate, Ronny.

After that Abby and I went back to our dorms for the rest of the night.

"There was a party last night at the Fraternity house. Abby, Ronny, and I went." He informs me.

Of course, there was a party that I didn't attend. Liam and Abby are the party people. I, on the other hand, don't go to any. Well, not anymore, at least.

Liam and Abby tried to make me go this one time back in freshmen year. I turned them down. Ever since then, they both don't bother to ask me to go to any. Which I'm glad about because they respect my wishes.

Instead of responding to Liam, I stood from our table. "I'm gonna go grab something to eat," I tell him.

"Could you get me another ice tea, please?" Liam asked. I nodded before making my way toward the front where the register stays.

Abby and I discovered this area on campus one day while exploring the entire campus. When we first found it, I instantly fell in love with the place.

The scent in this cafe never gets old, the place makes you feel comfortable, and the people here are always cheerful and sweet. It makes you feel like you belong someplace.

No matter what you look like, what you wear, what you do, or who you are...this cafe will always make you feel welcome.

"Next in line!" The cashier breaks me out of my world. I wasn't even aware that I was holding up the line. I quickly walk up and gave the familiar cashier an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, Chloe."

"It's alright, May," she gives me a sweet grin, making me feel less like an idiot.

Chloe was your ordinary girl that works at one of your favorite small cafes—The Restaurant—they call it. Don't know why, but they certainly do serve the best food and teas around campus.