Chap. 13

Chapter Thirteen
May Scott

Drowsy.

Weary.

Exhausted.

Irritable.

Positively, surely, and certainly irritable.

I don't feel like myself and I don't know why. It could be the reason that Faye and Jaidyn had another fight and I had to wake up in the middle of the night to go over Liam's and Ronny's.

Or it could be the reason that Harry lied to me last night and was only using me. I don't know. But, what I do know is that I hate him. I hate everything about him.

I rubbed my tired sleepy eyes trying to pay attention to whatever that's going on in the full classroom. Once I was able to truly focus, a classmate of mines raised her hand in about four seats in front of me. "Yes, Carly?" Professor Woods calls on her, sighing in frustration.

"Why can't we have partners again?" She asked, smacking her gum loudly and playing with the ends of her black mid-length hair. Everyone groans.

"Carly, I explained to every single last one of you a couple of days ago why I don't want you kids to have partners," Professor sits down behind his desk. "You are all twenty, twenty-one, or twenty-two. You're an adult. End of discussion. Stop asking questions, please." He holds the bridge of his nose.

As soon as professor Woods collects himself and opens up his mouth to speak, the door flies open. Everyone's head snapped in that direction.

Broad shoulders, long curly hair at the ends, and long legs. Oh, god.

He stands by the door, examining the room with a notebook and pen in hand. His outfit matches today's weather. It's sunny out, yet it's still chilly. A grey hoodie and a black puffer vest with a black beanie, his regular black jeans, and white and black chucks.

Just the sight of him makes my stomach churns with fury and excitement. Fury because I hate him, and excitement because...I don't exactly know.

Perhaps I'm a little excited that he showed up to my class. Like he did the other day because he wanted to impress me. It was Cute. Yet, stupid of him.

A second or two goes by and those green eyes found my brown ones. The more our eyes stay locked, the more the tension between us two makes it five times harder enough to feel like the atmosphere in here feels suffocating. Suffocating so much that I have the urge to jump out the window.

"Mr. Styles, I'm tired of playing your games every once in a while, son, it's either you stay or leave. Please choose wisely." Professor Woods automatically lost his patience at Harry's presence.

Harry being Harry ignores Professor and only ends up walking past the desk he's sitting at and walks straight to the seats.

Everyone's eyes are on him like he's the most important thing in today's class. Which he mostly is. To the females in here at least.

Harry takes me by surprise when he walks past my seat and sits directly behind me.

"Carry on, Professor," Harry's raspy voice hit me from behind, shivers sprinting down my spine. Shaking the feeling off me, I pushed that aside and noticed Harry was calm.