Chap. 8

Chapter Eight
May Scott

The deal is still on. Harry has exactly, twenty-one days until the deal is over. Yesterday I was too aggravated with Harry from finding out that he's only toying with me. This whole thing is just for fun to him. I'm pretty sure, in his mind, he thinks once he makes me smile or anything, he'll be satisfied enough to think he's the man.

Not gonna happen though.

Yesterday he was supposed to take me to lunch. That's why he showed up dramatically in my class. But, as I said, I was too aggravated with him. So, today I decided to let him know that I want to eat lunch with him since I didn't have anything else to do.

Ronny and I had the same class this morning. When I saw him during our class, I asked him for Harry's number. He hesitated with me at first, nevertheless, he still gave me the number.

Right now I'm in my dorm looking for the right outfit for lunch with him. I had my hamper between my legs while I sit on my bed going through my clean clothes.

At first, I was going to wear a short floral dress, since today's weather is feeling and looking nice out today, but I don't want to seem too flirty to Harry.

Just as I was throwing useless clothes onto my bed, my roommate walks in with Abby and her four years of girlfriend behind her. The three of them were laughing about something they were discussing until Faye's eyes darted to me, then my clothes behind me.

"What are you doing?" Her brown eyes flicker back and forth between me and my hamper. I sat up straighter on the bed and pushed the hamper to the side.

"I'm going to ask Harry to lunch today, and I need a perfect outfit that makes me look flirty, but also not too flirty. However, I, May Brooke Scott, cannot find anything to wear." I huffed before slumping my back on top of my pile of clothes.

"Wait, wait, wait," Abby's voice fills the room, in a surprising voice, like she's trying to take in everything that I've just said. "You're asking who to lunch with? Did I just hear you're asking Harry to lunch? Did I hear that correctly?"

"What Harry? Harry Styles? As in, the man-whore?" Faye's girlfriend, Jaidyn, says.

"Yes, him. He asked me yesterday if could we eat but I was too furious with him. So I'm making it up to him today." I explain to the girls while my eyes stare at the white ceiling.

"But, you don't ask boys out. You get asked out. Not the other way around, especially with a guy like Harry." Abby mentions.

I pushed myself up, only letting my upper body lift. I kept both of my elbows up for balance. Abby was still by the door, in shock. Faye and Jaidyn were on Faye's bed staring at me.

"It's not that type of thing. We're probably not even going to talk during the whole time together. It's not that serious." I speak for myself. I sat up straighter to pull my hamper back between my legs and began looking again. "For real, though, can y'all help me find an outfit?" I asked without looking up.

•••

The girls were right. Today's weather feels way better than earlier this morning. Faye and Jaidyn were the only two who were cooperating in finding me an outfit. Faye had let me borrow one of her white sweaters, and Jaidyn thought it would look cute with my black tight jeans with my white and black Adidas sneaks.