Chap. 18

_____________________________
Chapter Eighteen
May Scott

It was Jaidyn's idea for all of us girls, Abby, Faye, and me to get together and catch a movie today. She says it's because we haven't done anything together in a while. She's right.

I've been hanging with Harry a lot lately, Faye and Jaidyn were always together. And Abby...well, I honestly don't know what Abby's been up to. We haven't been exactly talking to each other since the basketball game.

She's probably been catching up with schoolwork and studying a lot. But now that I think about it, that doesn't sound anything like Abby.

Right about now, Faye and I are getting ready for the movies. Well, Faye's getting ready. I'm just waiting for her. I suggested that we should meet Abby and Jaidyn at the movie theater because I knew Faye would take years to get ready.

Patiently, and dying out of boredom, waiting for Faye, I stood from my study desk and approached my roommate's body mirror. I gazed at my outfit making sure for the tenth time that I look cute. The weather wasn't so bad today when I went to two of my lectures. So I chose to look cute instead of trying to be warm for once.

I wore a white surplice crop top with a burgundy, chunky, oversized cardigan sweater over it, and black ripped jeans that don't show any skin. For today, I wore my hair in a tight, neat bun. But I made it look like it's a messy bun that I've only done in just five seconds.

I sort of wished I wore something like this for Harry's and my carnival date. However, I was just trying to be a petty bitch and look like I didn't have any type of care in the world.

"Alright, I'm finished." I hear Faye's voice from behind me. I turn around and take in her appearance. She wore a regular blue shirt and high-waisted light jeans with a black jacket. Her hair was in a cute curly fro, and I can't tell if she was wearing makeup or not. Not that she needs it, she looks pretty.

She's probably caught me staring at her confusingly though, because she says, "What?"

"You took all that time to get ready, and don't get me wrong you look cute, but..." I paused, looking her up and down still in confusion. "To dress like that?"

She narrows her eyes. "What do you mean? Should I change?" She asked glancing down at her outfit, second-guessing her appearance.

"No!" I blurt out quickly. Faye changing her entire outfit is the last thing I want her to do right now. She looks back at me confused, not understanding what I'm getting at in this conversation. "You look great, Faye, trust me. I was just saying, you took all that time to get ready to look like a girl who's about to just stroll to the park." I explained.

"Oh," She laughs as she zips up her jacket. "I took long to get ready because I was trying to make sure my hair came out right." She says. Oh, well, that makes sense.

Faye's phone suddenly chimes and she opens it up. "Let's go, Jaidyn texted me saying Abby and her are almost there." She tells me. Faye and I grabbed the last few things we would need for our little outing and made our way outside.

We didn't have to wait long for our Uber outside, and when he pulled up we swiftly climbed in the back with our driver immediately taking off.

When we arrived, we didn't expect the place to be so packed on a Thursday afternoon. But that didn't bother us 'cause Faye and I waste no time entering the theater. Popcorn, candy, and nachos fill my nostrils. I have always loved the smell of movie theaters, it made me excited each time I visit.