Chap. 17

Chapter Seventeen
May Scott

"Oh, my god, Harry, we're going to die." I held tighter on Harry's bicep, as the two of us walk through the scariest haunted house I'd ever been to.

"Stop exaggerating, Brownie, we're almost out of here." Harry laughs, but I can tell it was a nervous one. Good to know I'm not the only one scared.

Harry leads the two of us through a dark, skinny hall, with the lights blinking off and on every second. Just as we round a corner, we enter a hospital room with a dark red light hanging from the ceiling.

There are about four see-through, bloody body bags on the floor, each spread out everywhere in the room. We both observe our surroundings and then found two doors next to each other on the other side of the room. One is for the way out, and I'm pretty sure the other is for something to pop out on us.

"Something's gonna pop out, Harry," I whispered to him. "I just know it, Harry. This is the part we die." Harry didn't respond to me, instead, he takes a look around the horrible scene in front of us.

While Harry kept looking around, I smoothly pushed Harry a bit forward in front so I could stay behind him. But without even realizing what I was putting myself into, I could feel someone's presence near me. I thought it was just my mind playing games on me, but someone from behind me starts screaming words.

"Blood! There's blood everywhere!" Both Harry and I jumped and screamed in terror. "Blood! Blood! Blood!" Without looking back to see who it was, Harry and I waste no time running and getting the hell out of this room. Harry runs way faster than me, so I took advantage of holding onto the back of his shirt making sure he doesn't leave me alone in there.

As the both of us kept on running and screaming, people start to pop out even more from the little corners they were hiding at. Harry and I ran, ran, and ran. And screamed, screamed, and screamed. Finally, after what felt like forever, we made it back outside to the carnival Harry took us to.

I glanced over at Harry and saw him mirroring my actions. His back was hunched over, his hands on his knees, and him trying to collect his breath. When he lifts his head, our eyes met. We held the stare for a long moment. And the more we held our stare, the more our lips curled up to huge grins. And just as I expected, the both of us began laughing historically together.

I honestly don't know what we're laughing at, or about. I just know it's funny. It's so funny that Harry was laughing so hard that he ended up near me, resting his forehead on my shoulder and holding onto his stomach. It's so funny that my cheeks hurt from laughing so much, and my stomach, while I leaned on Harry while he leans on me.

I can see other people began staring at us weirdly, but I didn't pay any mind to them.

After Harry and I's moment, we stood in front of each other standing in one spot like morons. The both of us took a second to examine the carnival that's been crowded ever since we arrived.

As I observed my surroundings, there were friends and families dressed up together, staff members dressed in scary costumes to scare everyone, and some people who aren't dressed up at all. Like Harry and me.

Harry and I have been here for over two hours or so. When we showed up, I went into complete child mode. I have always loved carnivals. Especially, the ones that come around for Easter or Halloween. It's always the best time to come here.