Chap. 15

Chapter Fifteen
May Scott

Halloween's today. This means everyone is most likely going to be attending Ronny's Halloween party tonight. And tonight will be one of those nights where I binge-watch shows and buy a couple of my favorite snacks to eat. A lazy day. Or night. Whichever.

It's been two days since I saw and heard from Harry. Can't believe I'm saying this, but it feels completely bizarre that Harry's not around. It almost feels pointless that he's not here to bother me. I'm not even mad at the boy anymore, yet, still, he's nowhere in sight. Even though he doesn't know that. But still...I want him to give me his attention.

There's no text, no calls, no showing up to my class to impress me. Nothing.

It's like ever since I've gained Harry's attention I want all of it. I want him to try to always make me smile or laugh nonstop. I want him constantly flirting with me. I want him to only have his flirty, teasing emerald eyes on me. I even want him to give me a slight cocky smirk when he makes a sexual comment. I no doubt crave his attention.

I don't know why, but I admire it. He makes me feel wanted. He makes me feel, like, I'm special in his eyes. It's like a drug. It's addicting. And I like the feeling of him wanting me.

The doors to the campus library push open and my face was instantly met with warmth hitting against my cold cheeks. I'm glad I thought twice about my clothing. It's fucking freezing outside and students are only wearing hoodies and lightweight spring jackets out there.

Black jeans, a red University sweatshirt, and the old white puffer jacket that I brought for last year's fall. I'm warm, they're not.

I rubbed my hands together, blowing my hot breath on them while still standing by the doors from inside. Liam called today and asked if I could meet him at the library after I come from The Restaurant this afternoon.

Just as I took a step, I hear my name being called from behind. I looked over my shoulder and found Liam walking through the library doors. A warm, gentle smile covered his face as he sees me and happiness in his chocolate eyes.

He approached me with a friendly hug. "I haven't seen you in ages. How many years has it been?" I attempt a joke. It's been exactly three or four days since we saw one another.

He has kept me updated on the phone about him and Lisa, though. From what I heard from him, they've finally taken their relationship to the next level. They're officially together. About time.

He lets out deep chuckles. "You're real funny, May." He flashes a playful smile. "But, you know what? You do look like you've aged, though. Is that grey hair I see?" He was next to the joke. Carefully picking up a strand of my hair of natural curls.

"Okay, no need to make me feel old, asshole." I playfully swap his hand away. The both of us laughed as we start to walk to find a seat.

Our legs dragged us to a spot by the right side of the library. There were only two seats at the small brown round table. Liam sat across from me, immediately taking out his phone and texting away.

"You asked me to meet you at the library, just for you to text someone else?" I laughed slightly, shaking my head.

Lisa wanted me to text her when I got here." He puts his phone away in his jacket pocket after he got done.