Chap. 20

Chapter Twenty
May Scott

Harry unlocks the door and pushes it open. He's the first to go in and steps aside to let me through. When I enter the apartment, the first thing I come into is the living room. I toured myself around the dimly lit living area, browsing the neat furniture.

Harry quietly passes me and goes to the skinny hall that leads to a few doors, and enters one without saying anything. I didn't take that as anything, cause I continued to tour myself.

When I think of a guy's apartment, the first thing that comes to mind is dirty clothes everywhere, panties lying around, and junk food all over the place. However, Harry's place is nothing I expected.

It's clean for starters. There are two modern cream couches, a clear coffee glass table between the sofas, and the flat screen tv on the white wall. There's an open kitchen with an island in it that has three black stools lined up behind it.

I went to sit on one of the sofas, flopping down onto it as if I was at my own home. While patiently waiting, for whatever it is we're here for, my phone begins to ding uncontrollably; letting me know I have messages. Three from Abby, one from Jaidyn, and two from Faye.

WTH May!?!??
Did u seriously just leave us?
U couldn't at least warn us about ur disappearance?
-Abby

Wya?
-Jaidyn

I thought u said u went to the bathroom?
Zayn left because u didn't come back
-Faye

I completely forgot all about Zayn. How smart am I to invite a friend to watch a movie with me, then ditch him? Fantastic! I'm sure he'll never forgive me for this.

I cursed under my breath nervously, staring at the screen; tongue-tied because I have no clue what I'm going to tell them. I certainly don't wanna say I left them at the theater for a guy because he told me he'll make everything up to me at his house.

Such a great friend I am.

I swallowed the spit that's been sitting there at the back of my throat and established that I won't message my friends back no time soon. Maybe after I leave Harry's place.

Maybe.

I honestly don't feel like dealing with them right now. Yes, they're my friends. Yes, I love them. But they can wait, I have a life that I would like to live. I don't have to always tell them every little thing about my doing. Even though I ditched them, who cares?

Putting my phone away, Harry finally comes out of the room with both of his hands behind his back. His notorious smug appeared on his lips as his long legs slowly stridden over to the sofa.

He stands tall, towering over me, gazing down. "I believe these are for you." A bouquet of roses and sunflowers comes into view. My eyes widen. I didn't know whether to look at Harry or the flowers for my appreciation. So my eyes flicker between the both of them.

I was so stunned. A warmth of heat comes onto my cheeks and a hint of pain as well. I didn't even notice I was smiling so hard at the flowers.

He hands over the bouquet. He smiles, showing off his dimples, and walks off to the kitchen.

"What's this for?" I determined to ask, staring at the pretty flowers with a small grin on my lips.