Chap. 10

Chapter Ten
May Scott

"What do you mean surprise?" I asked Harry. He looks at me expectantly, finally letting go of my wrist.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, now would it, Brownie?" He smirks at me. He soon starts nearing his body towards an all-grey Buick car. He opens the passenger door and waved his hand towards the seat. "M'lady?" His smug remains on his face.

"I don't know, Harry. We can just eat here like we did these past few days." I try to convince him.

I don't know how I feel about being somewhere other than campus or The Restaurant with him. He looks like he'll act the same just as he does on campus. But what if he doesn't? That's what's worrying me.

I know Harry's a cocky and flirty guy, but what if he's extremely cocky and flirty with other girls? What if I'm boring him on this adventure of his because I'm not laughing or smiling and he decided to just flirt with another girl right in front of me?

I don't want to look like a weirdo who's hanging around a guy while he flirts with other people. Plus, I'm probably not even dress-appropriate enough for wherever he wants to take me.

I saw Harry roll his eyes at me before saying, "Can you please shut your pretty little mouth, and get in the car?"

I gave in, taking a huge breath before settling myself in the passenger seat. Harry shuts the door for me and made his way to his side. Once he got in, he starts the car and drives off instantly.

The ride starts smoothly; letting a comfortable silence between the two of us take over. Harry kept tapping his thumb on the steering wheel while humming to a song I don't know of. I rested my head on the window watching everything we pass go by.

The more we stayed in silence, the more I wondered about Harry and this adventure of his. But the only thing that comes to mind, is what if's. And the more I think about it, the more I start to feel paranoid.

There are so many things flying through my head, I feel like I'm crammed inside the car with just my thoughts.

"You okay?" Harry's voice snaps me out of my sentiments. I lift my head off the window, glancing at him. His eyes were focused on the road and his shoulders seemed relaxed like nothing was bothering him.

"Why you ask?"

"You're quiet and not making snarky comments at me." He chuckles, trying to start a conversation at ease. He takes a second to look at me then back to the road.

I cleared my throat hiding my relief, and soft laughter. "You didn't say anything for me to make a snarky remark." I kept my eyes on him. "Do you want me to make a snarky comment?"

"If that'll keep you talking to me, then yes." An impish grin sharpened his features as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Nah, I don't feel like it." I bit the inside of my cheek from smiling. Harry might not know it, but he was always such an entertaining person to me since the day of the basketball game.

I just don't have any type of feelings for the guy, all because he's too cocky for me and flirts with every girl he sees on campus.

I don't like, nor do I want, someone like that.

"Does that mean I get to meet the nice side of you?" He looks at me when we stopped at a red light.