Chap. 22

Chapter Twenty-Two
May Scott
*Not Edited*

I held my head down low, staring blankly at the glass in my hand, circling the rims for some sort of distraction."We kissed." I say low but with no emotion.

I hear Harry shuffling around in the kitchen. Most likely digging in the fridge. "Yup," he answers as he pops the letter p.

We kissed.

There's nothing I can do. It already happened. I'm not even mad about it. Not even shocked. Honestly, I have no clue how I feel about this right now.

Part of me doesn't mind that we made out because we've made out before. The other part of me...I'm not sure. I can't put a title over my emotion.

Maybe I'm feeling confused.

Should I be happy?

Upset?

Disappointed?

What I do know is I'm done drinking for a while. That's exactly why I need someone to watch over me whenever I'm drinking. I can get a bit out of character.

I lift my head to finally take a peek at Harry. He's sitting behind the island table snacking on a fruit salad.

"How do you feel about this?" I question him. Harry doesn't seem phased at all that we kissed last night. Then again, he's Harry. Harry might've been wishing for something like this since the day we met.

He keeps his focus on his fruit as he answers me, "it's not like we haven't kissed before." He shrugs his shoulders as he stuffs a mango in his mouth but continues to talk, "if you think about it, this would mark the second time our tongues danced around with each other." He jokes.

As always, I roll my eyes.

While Harry continued to eat his breakfast, I see my phone lying on the sofa. My feet began to move towards the living room set to get my phone.

Just as I pick my phone up, I hear Harry's front door open. Eddy's voice roared through the small apartment.

"Yo, H! You would not believe the fucking night I-" Eddy stops in mid-sentence the minute he walks into the living room and spots me wearing one of Harry's t-shirts. The shock was written all over his tan face. "Rejection girl?"

"Hello, Eddy." He looks at me and then at Harry, and just goes back and forth with his eyes.

"What are you-" He stops again, only this time his eyes widened. He looks at Harry. "Did you two...?" He slowly asked.

Realizing what he was talking about, I was the one to answer him. "No! I only stayed the night."

"Wait, let me get this straight," Eddy shakes his head like something's not adding up correctly enough for him. "Not only did you stay the night, but you didn't sleep with Harry? Is that correct?"

I nod.

Eddy looks over to Harry, who's now done eating his fruit salad and is scratching the back of his head as if he's slightly embarrassed.