Chapter 11.

Things have been quiet, almost too quiet. The shop has been running smoothly, and my dad has enjoyed the busyness that's taken place over the last week or so. "I think Noah is going to come down." My dad tells me as I fiddle through my agenda to see what my upcoming weeks look like.

I raise an eyebrow, "Yeah? When did he tell you that?" I ask as I continue to go through my planner. "It's not like him to come down without a reason."

My dad sighs, "I think he has a good enough reason to come down, Kacey." He tells me, suggesting that he's coming down because of Zobelle and Weston. "He worries about you, and so do I. Jax can't be the only one trying to protect you, and he can only do so much." He tells me, "You know your brother can help us out here, and you guys can spend some time catching up. I was thinking he could stay at your place, and you kn-"

"Make sure nothing happens." I finish his sentence with a sigh and run a hand through my hair, "I don't need his protection, Dad. Besides, he never wanted to be too involved before, so why does he care now? Seems a bit odd." I tell him, not sure if I'm happy or nervous about my brother's arranged trip. "I just, I don't know. I don't want him meddling into my life and trying to play this protective brother role when he hardly calls or try to know what's happening in our lives."

My dad gives me a sympathetic look, understanding my frustration with Noah. "I get that, but you need to give him a chance. He's your brother, and you know when it comes down to it, he would do anything for you. He's supported you, and now it's your turn to do the same to him."

I sigh, "Yeah, fine." I shut my agenda and shove it in my purse under the desk. "I just, I don't want his lectures, so if you talk to him before hand, let him know." I tell my dad and he chuckles.

"If they weren't coming from him, they'd be coming from me." He teases, "You two always bicker, Jesus Christ. You're not even around each other and you're already at it." Dad walks around the desk and grabs his car keys, "I'm getting some smokes and a bite with Wayne. Do you want anything? Will you be okay or should we close shop?"

I nod, "I'll be fine." I tell him, knowing I can't be scared forever. "Enjoy your food with Wayne, tell him I say hello."

My dad nods, kissing my forehead, "There's three guns in here..." he says softly, "One under the desk, in the back room and upstairs beside the western novels. If you gotta' use one, I've shown you how."

I sigh, "Dad, I'll be fine." I shake my head, "And I'm not blowing a hole through our shop."

Dad shrugs, "I'm just saying, if you gotta', I won't be mad."

I chuckle, shaking my head, "Bye, Dad." And with a wink, he leaves me alone in the shop.

---

I put some books away and tidy up the reading nook upstairs, happy to know it's being used. I hear the bell ring from the front door, "One second!" I call out to the customer as I finish my quick task. I walk down the stairs, my Blundstone boots hitting the wood of each step. I look over to the door and my heart nearly drops as I stare at the man. I stay my distance and he smirks at my fear.

"Why'd they leave a pretty girl like you alone?" Weston asks me as he begins walking closer, swiping the book shelf for dust. "It's a bit dirty, you should probably use your domestic skills and dust these shelves."

I feel my guts squirm as he makes his way closer to me, "What do you want?" I ask, "I don't think you know how to read, and we definitely don't carry any Nazi paraphernalia here."

He gives me the coldest expression I've ever seen. "Didn't come here for books, but you." He says, becoming face-to-face with me. I feel his breath on me, and I shiver in disgust. He moves his hand to my waist, yanking me into him.