Chapter 21.

"You ever hear of Kellan Ashby?" I look around to make sure no one is around while I continue the phone-call with Stahl.

"Are you in Belfast?"

I sigh, running a hand through my hair, "Yeah."

"Then I'm guessing that's where Gemma is. Escaping custody is another federal charge." She tells me and I shake my head.

"Listen, I had no idea that was going down. We can talk about that shit later. Kellan Ashby, he's a priest. What do you know about him?" I ask her sternly, wanting some outside information on this guy.

"He's a friend of the Army, right?"

I shake my head, "More than a friend, he's a shot caller. I need to know everything about him. He's got Abel and he wants me to kill Jimmy to get him back."

I hear her breath hitch on the line, "You listen to me. If Jimmy O dies, so does our deal. I need you to deliver him to me alive. I'll get this intel on the priest for you tomorrow, okay?" and with that, I nod, ending the call and sighing once more before taking out a smoke.

I hear a knock on the door and Gemma walks in with Clay following behind. "What's the plan?"

"Kellan says he moved Abel out of Belfast to protect him from Jimmy." I tell Clay and mom honestly.

Mom shakes her head, confused. "Why? What does Jimmy want with Abel?"

"Leverage against what Kellan wants from us. Jimmy dead." I tell them and Gemma nods.

"Then we kill Jimm-"

"It's not that simple, Mom."

"Yeah, it is, Jackson!"

I shake my head, "No, it isn't!" I shout at her, not wanting her down my throat and calling the shots. "Look, everything they're saying is... it's like a smoky truth. I don't trust them, and I don't trust their priest. The only thing we know for sure is that they want Jimmy."

Clay nods, "So, we find Jimmy and we trade him for Abel." I nod, agreeing with his solution. It's the only one that makes sense. "Chapel. Let's figure this shit out." I nod, walking out to the clubhouse with Clay and Gemma following behind.

When we get inside, I notice the guys sitting around a table. "Belfast has a protection run this afternoon, a gun shipment." Bobby tells us. "McGee told me that Jimmy will be at the pickup in Dungloe."

"And so are we." Opie tells us and I sigh.

"I'm sorry, guys. I had no idea what I was walking everyone into. Shit going on down here..." Clay pats my shoulder, giving it a squeeze.

"You better crash for a few hours. It's going to be another fun-filled day in the six counties." He tells me and I nod, he's probably right. "Are you coming, baby?" He asks Gemma and nods.

"I'll be there in a minute." She says as the guys flood out of the clubhouse. She leans on the table, arms crossed and lets out a sigh. "This feels all wrong to me. Who the hell are these people? They're using a baby like a goddamn poker chip."

I sigh, "It's not just them, Mom. This happened because we deal guns with the Irish. Let's not kid ourselves we're the victims here."

She gives me an angry stare, "Maybe that profound awareness helps relieve your guilt, but now is not the time for soul searching. You focus on all the hate you need to kill all these Irish pricks and get our boy back."

---

I wake up from my nap by Gemma rocking me awake. I let out a small groan and stretch, feeling a box beside me. I reach down and look at the pregnancy test, sighing as I sit up. "I think it's about time we figure this shit out." She tells me and I nod, taking it with me as I walk to the washroom.