Chapter 5.

I sit on the couch in a grumpy mood as I watch Tara grab her belongings. She's prolonged my visit to see Kacey since she didn't show up to that party I invited her to. I was naïve to think she would, but I'm also kind of hurt that she didn't show. "Am I bugging you?" Tara snarls, sensing my tense mood.

I sigh, rolling my eyes, "Just grab your shit, Tara." I tell her, my voice laced with venom. She finishes up gathering her stuff and sighs as she walks over to the door. I grab my keys and stuff my wallet in my back pocket as I follow her out of the house, locking it behind me and extending my hand to her for the key. She gives me a sad look and I sigh, "Keys."

She hands me the silver key and I walk over to my bike, getting on it and starting the engine. "You know, at least be a bit smarter if you were cheating on me. Everyone knows how much you love Kacey and are infatuated with her." Tara tells me as she tosses her stuff in the car.

I roll my eyes, knowing that if I was going to sleep around and hurt Tara, I wouldn't be using Kacey as a pawn to do so. "Give me a fucking break." I tell her angrily, "I'm not doing this anymore, and thankfully you don't have to either." I tell her as I put my cap on backwards, glaring at the woman I used to love.

Tara shakes her head as she walks around to the driver seat of the car, "I just thought maybe this time it would be different. Maybe you had grown up and been a half decent guy, but I guess I was wrong." She says before getting in the car.

I growl to myself, shaking my head before putting on my sunglasses and backing out of the driveway, ready to get the hell away from her.

I pull into Kacey's driveway, noticing her truck is there. I park my bike and walk up the stone pathway, admiring her garden filled with daffodils and sunflowers. I smile to myself as I notice her house is a depiction of the Texan redhead. The dark brick has a nice contrast to her colourful garden and white curtains inside. I knock on the door and wait until I hear her open it, smiling up at me confused. "Hey, Jax." She says softly, "Listen, I'm sorry for not coming last night."

I shake my head, "Don't worry about it. I just wanted to make sure everything was okay." I tell her. Kacey nods and opens her door wider, inviting me inside. I look around the house, admiring it. Her living room has a brick wall with random prints hung up to decorate the area as well as plants and smaller golden décor. Her fireplace holds many photos and plants, as well as a few candles and old school action figures. "Nice little place ya' got, Kace." I say as I brush my shoes off on the mat.

"Thanks." She smiles as she grabs her tea cup, taking a drink. "I knew you'd be coming after me." She teases, "I just wasn't in a good place, and didn't really want to ruin the party by showing up." She tells me as we take a seat on her gray sofa.

I shake my head, "That would've been impossible." I reassure her, "I missed you. Was excited to see you, but I wish you would've called me instead of staying here alone all night." I tell her, wishing she'd feel comfortable enough to open to me like she used to.

Kacey lets a sad laugh escape her lips, "You have enough going on, Jax." She tells me, "I'm not going to add to that weight."

I give her an empathetic look, "You know I'd drop anything to be there for you, right Kace? I'd do it in a heartbeat." I admit to the ginger. "You're important to me, and I don't want you feeling like you have to deal with shit alone."

She sighs, running a hand through her wavy hair. "Thanks, Jax." She says once again. "If it makes you feel any better, I didn't stay here last night." I raise an eyebrow confused, "I stayed at dad's."

I nod, "Well, I'm glad you weren't totally alone." I tell her honestly, "Did you want to talk about it?" I offer her the chance and she shrugs not knowing if she wants to. "We can talk about whatever you want. I have all day."