Chapter 20.

We get ready to board the private plane and I feel sick to my stomach. I hate flying, but for some reason I can't shake this nausea that's been hanging over me for the last week or so. "Jesus fucking Christ." Jax calls out and I look over to him as he gawks at his mother who's walking with my dad and brother.

"What the hell?" I ask Jax, not believing what's in front of me.

"How the hell are you here, and what did you two put yourself through to get her here?" Jax asks my dad and brother. My dad chuckles, tilting his cowboy hat as he walks with Gemma on the plane. "Jesus Christ." Jax groans before moving his hand to the small of my back and boarding the plane.

"You didn't think I'd be missing out on looking for my grandson, did you?" Gemma asks with a smirk as she takes a seat beside my dad. "You cowboys aren't bad company!" she teases my dad and brother.

I shake my head, "How'd you get out of the hospital?" I ask, not understanding how she managed to escape her prison transportation and make it out without anyone noticing. "There's no way nobody saw you."

Noah gives an apologetic grin, "I, uh, may have asked Tara for some help and then we got here as soon as we could." I sigh at the sound of Tara's name and take a seat on the plane, leaning against the wall as I feel myself getting tired. "Wayne caught us outside, but he didn't do anything. He knows that this is for good reasoning, and he understands we need to find Abel." Noah says calmly. I nod, surprised by his calmness and willingness to help Jax and his mother.

Jax notices my discomfort and he frowns, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear. "Are you okay? You don't look too good, babe." He tells me with a worried expression as he notices my pale features and the constant sickness I've been battling randomly.

I nod, sighing. "I'll be fine." I tell him, "Thank you." I respond with a small grin, kissing his cheek as he laces his fingers with mine before pulling me into his side. I look over to Gemma who's raising an eyebrow, hinting at something that nobody could handle right now; a new baby.

---

"That was the longest god damn trip I've ever been on in my life." My dad groans and I chuckle, patting his back as we walk behind the club towards a clubhouse.

"That was a pretty close near-death experience, I won't lie." Noah teases and I stop in my tracks, looking up at him with loving eyes. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head, "Nothing, nothing at all." I reply truthfully. "I just, thank you." I tell him softly, "Thank you for involving yourself and supporting this relationship of mine and taking it seriously. It means a lot to me, and you really didn't have to come to Belfast with us, but I'm glad you did."

Noah just gives me a grin, kissing my forehead. "Your boyfriend may be a fuck-tard, but I love you, and he isn't that bad, plus his kid is cute." He tells me, avoiding the risk of coming off as soft. I chuckle and we slither our way through the club members.

"Didn't expect you to make the journey." I hear a thick accent and I move closer to Jax, Gemma and Clay until a small blonde woman is revealed. "Who's this?" she asks once she notices me.

Jax looks behind him and catches my eyes before reaching for me. "My girlfriend, Kacey. She came to help us find Abel. Kacey, this is Maureen and Trinity."

I nod, reaching my hand out to shake theirs. "Nice to meet you, two."

"Where's my grandson, Maureen?" Gemma asks sternly, getting impatient.

Maureen sighs, "Come on upstairs, we'll have a cup of tea."

Gemma rolls her eyes, "I don't want any goddamn tea."