Chapter 14.

I lay quietly on Jax's bed with Abel on my chest, fast asleep. I watch the movie that's playing on the flat screen that's in Jax's room as I continue rubbing the baby's back. My head is pounding from the stress I've been dealing with, and truthfully, Noah doesn't help. He's on me about everything; if I've eaten enough, drank any water, showered yet or if I'm still going to the gym with him. I love and appreciate him more than words could express, but the break from my protective brother is nice and much needed.

"Hey babe, mom wants us over for around 5." Jax tells me as he walks out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. I shush him, not wanting him to wake Abel. "Jesus, I guess I know who your favorite is." He teases me and I chuckle, shaking my head.

"Whatever, Teller."

Jax walks over and kisses my forehead, "So, it's legit, eh? You're my girlfriend?"

I look up at him surprised, not expecting him to say that or make that assumption. "Am I? Or is this your lame way of asking me?"

Jax chuckles, looking down at his resting son. "I guess it's a bit of both. Make things official, you know, it's probably time to put a bit of a label on it."

I chuckle, "Noah tells me you already have. Been telling Hale I'm your girlfriend, and probably every other bachelor in town."

Jax shakes his head, a grin spread across his face. "If it's such a problem, guess I should join them in the bachelor life."

I roll my eyes playfully, "Yeah, I guess I am your girlfriend, butt head." Jax smirks, giving me a wink as he gets dressed quickly.

"That's what I like to hear, butt head." I shake my head and stand up, holding Abel in my arms, rocking him to make sure he's not asleep. "It's four now, so if we can get his stuff together, then we can probably head over. She's making lasagna for her favorite girl." He tells me with a small smirk before kissing me. "You better be happy because we're probably eating it for the rest of the week the way she cooks."

I shrug, "I'm not mad at all. I love lasagna and could eat it every day of the week. I'll bring some to dad and save some for Noah." Jax and I walk into Abel's room to gather some of his stuff and to change him before we go.

"How long is Noah staying for?" Jax asks as he packs Abel's diaper bag.

I set Abel down on the change table, kissing his tummy and tickling him gently to wake him, a small smile on his face when he realizes I'm the one waking him. "I'm not sure. I think he took a few weeks off work, so he should be here for another three weeks." I tell Jax who just grunts as he continues packing the bag. I look down at Abel, a smile on my face, "Hi, bug. I'm sorry if my hands are cold." I tell the growing baby as I take off his pants and unbutton his jumper to get him changed.

After the effortless change, we're all ready to go. "Got everything, babe?" Jax asks as he grabs his keys for the truck. I pat my pockets, checking over that I have everything I need. I go to pick up the carrier and Jax shakes his head, "I got him. It's fine." He rushes to my side to get Abel before kissing my cheek. "You gotta' take it easy, Kace."

I sigh, "He didn't beat me up, Jax. I can still help out and lift things. You guys can't keep this bubble around me forever." I tell him as we walk out of the house, getting Abel set up in the truck. I take a seat in the passenger side and run a hand through my hair. "What are you going to do when I go back to work, huh? You can't stalk me."

Jax climbs into the drivers seat and starts the truck, sighing. "I'll make sure he's dead before you go back to work."

I shake my head, "It isn't your war, Jax."