Chapter 29.

Gemma flips through the original copy of the letters, not being able to find the ones she was worried about. Did she accidentally give them to Jax? She lets out a frustrated sigh as she runs a hand through her hair while she searches for them in her home. She reaches for her pack of cigarettes and pulls one out before lighting it and inhaling the smoke. "What's wrong?"

She looks up and notices Clay standing at the end of the dining room table, looking down at her frantically searching. "I can't find those damn letters that John wrote to Maureen, you know, the suspicious ones."

Clay nods before pulling out the chair and taking a seat from across his wife. "What do you want to do then? You gave Jax the ones he needed to read, you're fine, we're fine."

Gemma sighs, knowing it's not that easy, it never is. "I don't know, but wherever those letters are, we need to find them. I swear to God..." and like that, a light goes off in Gemma's mind, knowing exactly who has these letters.

---

"Morning babe." I groan as Jax kisses my cheek while we lay in bed. "How'd you sleep?" He asks as I roll over to face him, brushing my hand over his short hair before kissing him.

"I slept alright. I'm surprised Sadie even slept last night. She hardly slept at all yesterday." I let out a yawn before stretching out and Jax chuckles, kissing my cheek once more. "Is it bad that I don't want to go to this wedding tonight?"

Jax smirks, shaking his head. "No, you're busy, but it gives you a break and you deserve that. Have some drinks, dance with your old man. I think it'll be a good time." Jax says before propping his head up with his elbow, "Might even have time for something else..." he hints with a wink and I chuckle, shaking my head.

"Never had sex in a forest, that's new." I tell him before pulling the blanket off and getting out of bed. Jax follows and wraps his arms around my waist before kissing down my neck.

"The kids aren't awake yet, we have time." He suggests and I raise an eyebrow before turning around and looking at the man. "Give me five minutes."

I chuckle, "Where is the pleasure for me in five minutes?" I tease him.

Jax scoffs, shaking his head. "Now that was hurtful, babe." He says as he walks to the dresser and pulls out some clothes. "You're cruel."

I roll my eyes and laugh as I reach for my birth control and housecoat. "Oh whatever, Teller." I tell him before we walk out to the kitchen in hopes of caffeine and breakfast. "What time is it anyways?"

Jax walks to the coffee pot, turning it on for his morning fix. "Starts at seven, so don't be late miss." He says sternly and I chuckle, turning on the kettle as it boils the water for my tea. "Am I driving you or are you hitching a ride with your dad and brother?"

I shrug, not having a preference. "I don't care, whatever's easiest." I tell the blonde man. "If you have club stuff, and if it's easier to meet me there, we can do that." I offer and Jax nods as he pours himself a cup of coffee before sitting down at the table.

"Yeah, that's perfect."

Here's to hoping that our first night out since Sadie is successful.

---

The day progresses and Neeta has arrived to look after Sadie and Abel for the night. "I'm so happy for Opie. The poor boy has been through too much." She tells me as we clean the living room together. I nod, feeling bad for my good friend. "How's this new woman of his?" She asks and I can't help the urge to reply as 'as good as a pornstar can be'.

I clear my throat, "She's really kind. Hopefully she fits well with his family, and she sticks around. I mean, I guess she will since they're getting married." I say with a chuckle, trying to defeat my own bias against women in her profession. "The wedding will be interesting tonight." I tell her, not knowing how I feel about it.

Neeta nods, setting the remote on the coffee table. "Well, enjoy yourself. You deserve the break from being a full time mom and business owner." She tells me kindly and I smile, setting my hand on her shoulder as I walk to the kitchen to pour myself a glass of wine.

"Thanks, Neeta." I tell the woman before sipping my wine. "There are bottles in the fridge for Sadie, and Abel should be fine. They've already had dinner, but a snack before bed is fine too. You know the drill." I say with a small laugh.

Neeta chuckles, "Relax, Kacey. It'll be fine, and the kids will be safe." She reassures me and I nod, knowing that she's right. I can't help the worry, especially after Abel's abduction which led us to Belfast. "Now, go get ready! You only have an hour!"

I nod, taking my wine and walking to the bedroom to get ready for the night. I set my wine glass on the vanity, and begin to look through my closet, not knowing what to wear for the evening. My eyes fall onto a black dress and I reach for it, wanting to feel sexy after feeling like a bloated whale for over nine months. I take the black halter dress and set it on the bed as I begin to do my hair and makeup for the evening.

I decide to curl my hair, and I brush a comb through the curls to break them up. My makeup is a classic look; simple cat-eye liner with highlighter, bronzer and some sheer lip gloss. I pull out a set of lingerie to wear under my dress in hopes of anything happening tonight, and I smile to myself, excited to have this opportunity with Jax back home. I get dressed, and slide into a pair of black, open-toed block heels. I look in the mirror and smile, the black dress hugging my curves perfectly as the high leg slit shows off my toned legs. I smile at my reflection, knowing I worked hard to get my body back after having Sadie.

I nod and reach for a clutch in my closet, and begin filling it with some cash and my license. I slip the clutch under my arm, and take my wine glass with me as I walk back down the hall to see Abel and Sadie in the living room. I smile as Abel plays with Sadie. "Kacey, this showed up for you." I look over to Neeta who hands me an envelope with my name scribbled on the front of it. My eyebrows knit together, and I set my clutch and wineglass down. "It showed up a few minutes ago."

I nod, "Did someone drop it off?"

Neeta shakes her head, "They slipped it under the door. I didn't hear anyone knock." I nod, excusing myself as I walk back to the bedroom to open the envelope. I sit on the edge of our bed, and open the top of it, revealing pages. My eyebrows knit together, and I pull them out, a note scribbled on the front with a sticky note.

Don't let her manipulate you too. This is the truth, her truth.

I remove the sticky note and set it on the envelope before scanning the first page, realizing it's a letter from John Teller to Maureen.

I miss you and Trinity so much. I wish I could be there with you, and I know shortly I'll be able to be there. I have a feeling like something is going to go wrong... very wrong. Gem is acting differently, and Clay is watching my every move. I feel like they're planning something against me.

My eyes widen and I shake my head, they couldn't be behind John's death. There's no way Gemma would allow Clay to murder her husband, the father of her children. "Kacey, your dad is here!" I shove the letters back in the envelope and hide them in the drawer of my vanity.

I feel my head spin and I clear my throat, "C-coming!"

She wouldn't... would she?