Chapter 26.

I stand at the clubhouse, watching Abel as he runs around and plays with the other kids, waiting for his father to come home. I rock Sadie in my arms and Gemma smiles over at me, "You did well, baby." She tells me as she looks down at her granddaughter. "Can I?" I nod and hand her the growing baby, smiling over at the grandmother. "Don't forget to ask him about what we spoke about." Gemma reminds me and I sigh, nodding.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look behind me to my dad, smiling at me. "You alright?" He asks, knowing how long I've waited for this day.

I nod, "Yeah, I'm just anxious I guess." I say with a chuckle, "I think I just got used to him being gone, and now he's coming back. Things are going to be hectic, but it'll be worth it, right?" I tell him and my dad nods, leaning in and kissing my temple.

"I'm proud of you, Kacey. You made things work when he was gone, and it sure as hell isn't easy. You also brought me that little bundle of joy over there." He says, signalling to his grandbaby. "She's just as beautiful as you and your mother." I nod, feeling myself get sad at the mention of my mother.

"I wish she was here to meet her, meet Abel." I admit to him and he nods, giving me a sad smile before moving his arm across my shoulders.

"I do too, baby. I wish for that everyday, but she's still here." He reassures me before leaning into me and watching as the motorcycles pour into the lot. I smile as they all park their bikes. Gemma hands me Sadie before rushing over to Clay and kissing him, greeting him as he returns home. I watch as Abel runs over to Jax, squealing with glee.

"How're you doing? Alright?" Jax asks his son as he picks him up, throwing him in the air and then kissing him. I chuckle and melt into my dad.

"Someone's happy." Dad chuckles as he walks over to Jax, giving him a hug. "Welcome home, son." He says before patting his back and walking over to Clay. I rock the little girl in my arms and Jax smirks, carrying Abel over to me and pressing a kiss against my lips.

"I missed you so much." He tells me as he sets Abel down, kissing me once more before looking down at our daughter. "She's so beautiful. She's getting bigger every day." He says with a small chuckle, "Come here, princess." And with that, he takes our daughter, rocking her in his arms before looking up at me. "I love you so, so much."

I smile and press a kiss against his lips, rubbing the small of his back as I look down at her and hold Abel's hand. "I love you. I'm so happy you're home." I tell him, melting into his side. "Never again." I tell him and he nods, looking over at me.

"I promise."

---

Sadie is laying in the wrap I have on, and I dance through the book shop, putting books away and cleaning up. I dance and sing to the music playing, and feel my happiness return to my body. A feeling of pure joy that I wasn't sure I'd ever feel again after my mom had passed away. "I'm hooked on a feeling, and I'm high on believing that you're in love with me, I said I'm hooked on a feeling!" I sing to the empty bookstore, making sure to put things back properly.

I hear the bell ring, signalling that someone has come in. I turn around and look over to the new Sheriff. I smile at Eli and he walks over to me with a grin, "How's it going, Kacey?" He asks, looking around the shop. "A quiet day?"

I nod with a chuckle, "Yeah, typical for a Monday." I tell him honestly, "I found that book your wife was looking for." I walk over to the desk and pull it out, setting it on top and handing it to the man. "I was able to find it online, it was the last copy they had so I made sure to grab it." Eli reaches for his wallet and I shake my head, "No, no, don't worry about it." I tell him, "Consider it a gift. I help you in a time of need, and vice versa." I say with a smile and Eli nods, reaching for the book and nodding.

"Yeah, that works." He tells me before looking down at Sadie, "She's getting big." He says with a chuckle and I nod, smiling down at the baby. "Rita will love this, so thank you. I appreciate you looking for this and getting it for her."

I nod, "Of course. Just trying to help a friendly neighbour." I tell him with a smile. "Is it nice out? I've been trapped inside here all day." I say with a laugh and Eli nods, walking towards the door. I follow him, deciding to take a quick break in the sunshine.

"It's beautiful. Should close up shop and head outside." He says with a laugh. He opens the door and holds it open for me before following me out. Eli goes to say something, and I hear someone clear their throat. I look over to see Jax and Opie standing there, looking over at us. "Fellas." Eli greets them, putting on his sunglasses. "I'll leave you to it, Kacey. Thanks again for the book for Rita, she's going to really appreciate it." And with that, he walks away, heading off to his duties as a sheriff.

Jax looks over to me and back to the man before burning a hole through my head. "What's he doing here?" He asks, not liking the cop.

I look over at the blonde man and sigh, "His wife was looking for a book and he came to me. I ordered it for her, and he was coming to pick it up. Relax, Jackson." I tell him before opening the heavy door and walking back inside. "Besides, a favour for a favour." I tell him as I walk to my cup of tea and begin sipping it.

Jax nods and looks around the shop, "Why don't you take a break? Take the day off?" He asks, "Store looks pretty clean and stoked up."

I shrug, "What else am I going to do? Abel is at daycare until five, and Sadie likes the movement and music I play here. Plus, it forces me to work out by going up and down those stairs." I tell him, not knowing what I'd do if I was forced at home.

"How are you not resting? Donna was off work for a year after she had the kids. I don't know how you're already moving around, let alone working." Opie tells me as he shakes his head, looking around the shop. "Shouldn't you be taking care of yourself at home?"

I roll my eyes and shake my head, "I'm fine, Opie. I've already heard enough from my dad and Noah, and I don't need it from you too. I'm just cleaning and putting books back. I'm not doing any heavy lifting, I promise." I tell my childhood best friend. Opie puts his hands up defensively and nods, taking my word. "Are you excited for the wedding?" I ask him and he nods, but I can tell somethings off.

I raise an eyebrow as I lean against the desk, putting a hand under Sadie's bum as I rock her in the chest wrap. "She's just not Donna." He admits and I look over to Jax who sighs, knowing that his best friend has a constant war raging on in his mind over his dead wife.

I reach out for the friendly giant and give him a reassuring smile, "Donna would want you to be happy, and you deserve to be happy." I tell him honestly, "She's still here, just like my mom."

Opie smiles down at me and nods before kissing my cheek, "Thanks, Kace." And with that, Ope walks further into the shop, giving Jax and I a moment alone before he has to return to club errands. I look over at the man and sigh, running a hand through my long auburn hair.

"What's wrong?" He asks, noticing my body language change with Opie's absence.

I look over to the man and clear my throat, "Did you get any letters in Belfast?" I ask him, noticing his face scrunch up in confusion.

"No, why?"

I shake my head, not wanting to get into it. "Nevermi-"

Jax reaches for my arm and shakes his head, "No, tell me, Kacey. What's going on? What are you talking about?" I can tell he's getting frustrated, wanting to know what I'm talking about.

"Your mom mentioned something about letters from your dad. She thought you had them, she wanted to see them for old time sake, you know? Love letters or something." I tell him, but knowing that the reason Gemma gave me wasn't the true reasoning. "She's been looking everywhere for them, but can't seem to find them. I don't know who else could possibly have them."

Jax shrugs, "I don't know, I'll keep an eye out and give them to her if I find them by chance." He tells me and I nod. Opie returns to us and Jax leans in, giving me and Sadie a kiss. "I'll see you later. I love you."

I nod, "I love you too." I watch them walk out of the shop and let out a sigh.

Who the hell could possibly have these letters and why is Gemma so focused on getting them back without Jax seeing them?