Chapter Eight: Anything You Need

Hero

I let Josephine in and shut the door behind her. She kicks off her shoes and drops her bag, then falls against me. I wrap my arms around her and she begins to cry.

"Hero. She lied to me. She lied." She sobs. I move one hand up to her head and slowly move it to my shoulder. I comfort her through her pain, her eyes are stained with tears. She picks up her bag and looks at me, alert as ever.

"How about you get some rest, you can lie in my bed while I go for my run and when I get back we can talk about it? Sound okay?" I say, leading her over to my room and pushing open the door. She walks in and I stand in the doorframe, I stand and watch from a few feet away, her pushing her pants down her slender legs.

She lifts her hoodie and shirt over her head, then lets them join her pants on the floor. I wait for her to do something. Anything, but instead, her eyes scan the room, finding the shirt I wore yesterday, then grabbing it off the floor. She looked so good in my shirt. The material wasn't swamping her, but it was still baggy enough where you couldn't see underneath. It hangs down to hip level, revealing skin just below her underwear.

I walk into the room and shut the door. She know what's about to happen, so she walks toward me at the same time and grabs my face in her hands. I move my hands to her waist and pull her body closer to mine.

"Should we?" She ask. I knew what she was referring to. After being together for almost five years, we've never made it past making out and groping with clothes on. Neither of us were ready for it. What if she got pregnant? What if one of us had a bad experience? So many what if's made it harder for us to come to terms with actually doing it.

I didn't want to say yes, only because I knew she wasn't in the proper state of mind to make such a big change. I mean, she found out her entire life was a lie. I needed to know how it was, but she needed rest.

"Not right now. I want our first time to be perfect."

"Can we at least do what we usually do? Please. I need a distraction, and you are my distraction." She whispers. I stare into her eyes and see the damage the lie has done to her. She's more than broken. I nod, then lift off my shirt. My chest wasn't perfect, but it wasn't bad.

I didn't have a perfectly formed six pack, but my V-line was pretty good according to Josephine. She wraps her arms around me, dropping me onto my bed and bringing her lips to my chest, her hands following the thin trailer of hair down to the waist band of my pants. Over my clothes, her hand grips my and I suck in a heavy breath. Her lips suction against the skin between my breast and my abs, her lips lightly sucking at the skin until a dark red spot appears.

We had given each other hickey's before, we made a pact actually. Never anywhere that can't be covered. No neck or shoulders, no legs, and no face.

After a few minutes of her touch, I switch us around and bring my lips to hers, our lips collide and my tongue finds its way into her mouth. She wraps her arms around my neck, then pulls away momentarily.

"Hero. Someones coming." She whispers. I pause and look up. I hear someone coming down the stairs from the other side of the wall. Seconds later, there's a knock on the door.

"Hero?" Mom's voice echos from behind the door, "Are you up?"

"Yeah Mom, I'll be out in a minute, I'm changing." I reply, getting out of bed and grabbing my shorts from yesterday off the floor, pulling them on, the reaching into my shirt drawer and grabbing out a green shirt.

"Jo, get changed and I'll come back after I tell my Mom." I tell Jo. She sits up and nods, climbing out of my bed and walking around the bed and grabbing her clothes off the floor. She doesn't take off my shirt, but instead pulls her sweatshirt over it, then her pants.

I wait till she's next to me to open the door.

The two of us walking out together, her hand in mine.

Mom turns around and see Josephine following me. Mom knew very well that Josephine was supposed to be in Chicago with her family.

Her jaw drops and her mouth hangs open for a solid second. As if she knew Josephine was going to show up.

"You Mom thought you'd end up here. She told you, didn't she?"

Mom did know. How? What was it that happened?

Josephine nods, then slides onto one of the bar stools. I stand behind her and grip her shoulders in my hands, lightly massaging them. She tilts back, smiling, then kissing my chin.

"Is it okay if I stay here for a little bit, I need a little bit of time away from my family?" She ask wearily, looking my Mom in the eyes.

"Of course, I mean, no sleeping together, but you can stay. You're a part of our family, in a weird way." Mom says with a sly smile. I knew she doesn't like when we sleep together in my room, with the door closed. She didn't want Josephine and I to be teen parents. The way Her and Dad were.

They conceived Ben when she was 17 and he was 18. She had Ben two days after her 18th birthday.

I didn't want to be a Teenage parent the way my parents had been. No thanks.

"Thank you Mrs. Washington." Josephine replies.

"Josephine, you don't have to call me that, we aren't at School." Mom replies jokingly and Josephine smirks, her mood did a complete 180 since she showed up on the door step thirty minutes ago.

"How about you go wake up Hadley, Jo?" Mom suggest. Josephine nods and steps off the stool, heading up the staircase to Hadley's room.

"Hero, come here." Mom whispers. I walk around the island and to Mom who's in the hallway next to the kitchen.

"Ms. Fletcher lied to Jo. Her real Dad is not who you all thought he was. Her real Dad lives in Seattle. But do not, and I mean do not let Josephine go looking for him. Harrison isn't who Ms. Fletcher told Josephine. If she even tries to reach out to him, it could hurt her more than anyone else." She explains. I feel my last breath leave my body. Her entire life was a lie. Her Mom lies to her about every bit of her past.

"How... How could she get hurt?"

"He...He's..." She starts, but is cut off by Hadley and Josephine rushing down the staircase.

A/N

IM PRETTY SURE WITH THAT ENDING, WE ALL KNOW WHAT JOSEPHINE WILL WANT TO DO NEXT. BE READY FOR A LONG ASS ROLLERCOASTER RIDE OF EMOTIONS.