Chapter Thirty-Four: Ride

Hero

I wake up feeling hungover. My head feels as if there are drums sounding.

I roll over and look around. I'm still at home. My parents house. I sit up and grab my phone off my nightstand, turning it on and checking the one message notification. It's Josephine:

We Have An Issue.

I text back quickly,

What happened? Are you okay?

A few seconds after I send the message, a knock sounds from my door. I pull on pants and go to open it, pulling it open. Josephine stood outside my room, arms behind her back and a small smile on her face.

"I'm okay, but we aren't. The apartment was robbed." She replies and I pull her in, shutting the door. I take her hands and look into her eyes.

"What was taken?" I asks, leading her over to my bed and sitting down.

"The TV and my computer, some clothes, some pots and pans." She says with a short, exasperated sigh. I rub her back and slowly bring my lips to her neck, kissing her once, then moving away.

"Shit. Did you call the insurance company?" I ask and pull out my laptop, pulling up the page of our insurance company.

"Not yet, I contacted he landlord and he said he's changing the locks and communicating with the police. I came her because I had nowhere else to be."

I nod and look up the number then type it into my phone. It rings twice, then someone picks up.

I talk to our insurance company for almost an hour before they finally offer a solution. They said they can replace everything that was stolen. Josephine lets out a pent up sign and I nod, hugging her.

I hang up once I finish and the two of us go out to the kitchen. Mom and Dad are sitting around the island and Hadley is at the table, her laptop in front of her.

"Josephine! When'd you get here?" Mom ask as she pours a cup of orange juice for herself.

"Last night. Hadley let me in." She replies and Mom come around the counter to hug her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Um, last night, someone broke into our apartment and I didn't feel safe staying there by myself." Josephine looks down to her feet, then back up to my family.

"Shit. Are you okay? Were you home when it happened?"

She shakes her head and sits down next to Hadley, "No, I had to go get stuff from the store. It happened in the twenty minutes I wasn't home."

Mom makes us both a small breakfast, and we go back to my room once we're finished. I lock the door and push down my pants.

"I want to feel you." I whisper and she nods. I grab a condom out of my top dresser drawer, then the small tube of lube.

"Come from the back," She whispers through the dark and I nod, pulling on the condom and soaking it in lube. I grab my belt and tie her hands behind her back. She's biting down on a pillow as I slowly move toward her, our bodies connect and she moans softly. I begin to move back and forth, slowly thrusting.

Her moans are muffled and quiet so no one hears, "Do you like this?" I whisper and she turn her head to the side, panting and nodding.

"Don't stop."

I keep thrusting and she moans as the latex causes friction. She cries out softly as the condom snaps against her skin, "Fuck. Did you come yet?"

She pulls away and yanks the condom out. It was covered in lube and come. Shit.

She throws her head back in agony. I slowly turn her over and turn on the bedside lamp, making sure I didn't make her bleed. She's panting.

"I'm not done yet." She whispers, then brings her fingers to her core. She begins to caress herself. I watch, moving my hand down and slowly playing with myself. She comes apart and I move toward her. I bend down and pick up a random piece of clothing, wiping up our mess. It's not until when I throw it on the floor, I realize it's one of my socks. I'm not sure if it's used or not, but if it is, then I regret grabbing it.

She stands up and pulls on her jeans and a t-shirt, "I'm ready when you are."

I nod and slowly roll out of bed, bending down and grabbing my dark, skin tight jeans off the floor. I get dressed and pack up some of my things, as some of it has been stolen, and we go back to the dining room to socialize for a little bit before leaving.
****
When we arrive back on the apartment, our landlord is finishing up on putting in our new lock.

Josephine smiles as I throw my bag to our bedroom door and she slowly closes it behind her.

"Wait- what's that?" I whisper and turn around, looking to the floor at the small yellow note.

YOU TOOK WHATS MINE AND NOW YOU'LL PAY

"Hero. This wasn't here last night, that means they came back." She whispers and picks it up. The two of us stare down at the small yellow piece of paper that held so much emotion and power.

"What if it's in connection to my Dad? Like what if it's his boss and we have to pay for letting him die?" She panics, falling on to the bed and dropping the note. She covers her eyes and begins to tear up.

"Hero, I don't want to deal with this again. It's too much."

I nod and wrap my arms around her, "I know baby, I know."

I slowly pull her up to our pillows and bring the blankets to her waist, "Get some sleep, I'll be here if anyone tries to hurt you."

She nods and snuggles against my body, I hold her tightly and close my eyes. I'm going to protect her until the day I die.

***
💙