Chaper Twenty-Six: Take A Life

Hero

I wake up to yelling and bright lights pointed at me. Josephine's head was on my chest and she was sleeping softly. The Van stopped. We aren't moving anymore.

"Jo. Wake up. Quick. Wake up." I whisper softly, she slowly sits up, rubbing her tightly eyes and smiling softly. I help her stand up and we both grab onto the bar that hangs from the ceiling. The large metal doors swing open and lights pour into the small space. The lights are so bright, they hurt my eyes and make them burn.

"Come' on!" The tallest man shouts. There were now more than one of them. There were at least ten. Both of us step out and the guards handcuff our wrist. As the walk us through the dark, the more my eyes adjust to my surroundings. An abandoned building stands in front of us. We were obviously behind the building, hidden from the public eye.

Neither of us speaks as the men lead us into the building and lock the doors behind us, fluorescent lights hang above our heads and give the room a sick, pale puke color glow. They lead us down three flights of stairs, then stop in front of a wide door.

"Get in." The short, chubbier man says and we obey. We were going to be saved. I knew it.

The door opens and Josephine looks to me with fear as we step into the elevator, the man clicks the three button and the elevator descends slowly. There was one man with us now. If we weren't in handcuffs, the two of us could take him down easily, but with the cuffs, it becomes a little harder.

A few seconds later, the doors creakily open and the three of us step out. The man leads us down a dark, dimly lit hallway. Opening the door and taking off our handcuffs. He throws us in the slams the doors shut. The room was small, there was a sink, a desk, a toilet, and a bed. There was no handle on the prison bar clad door, but instead, a slit for them to slide food through. Josephine runs toward me and wraps her arms around me, crying into my chest.

"Shh," I whisper as I sit down, "It'll be okay. I won't let them hurt you."

She looks up at me, "You will?"

I nod quickly as she lets go of me, wiping away her tears, "Can we try and make is less creepy in here?"

Together, the two of us rearrange everything. Laying the thin sheet from the bed onto the cold concrete floor, she sets the desk and chair in the middle of the room and moves the newly found nightstand to the bathroom area. Once everything is in place, I untie my shoes and throw them to the side. She takes off her clothes, stripping down to her undies, then waits for me to give her my shirt. I watch as she pulls on the baggy shirt.

She climbs into the small bed first, she's facing the wall and I crawl in on the outside, wrapping an arm around her. She's warm, yet she's shaking with fear. I press my lips to her neck and plant a soft kiss against her skin. The shaking stops for a second, then continues. She turns around and puts her arms under the blanket, sliding her hand down to the waistband of my boxers. Her hand touches my skin and my entire body tenses. She begins to play with me. I groan, trying not to cause a scene in case there's a camera watching us.

I move my hand down to her panties and my fingers slide into the side. I trace circles around her core, teasing her with a playful smile. She squeezes me tightly. Fuck.

Once we finish, the two of us roll over and fall asleep, the small light finally turns off, leaving us in the pitch dark.