Chapter Twenty-Eight: You Destroy Me

Josephine

She's dead. She's actually fucking dead.

My sperm donor killed my mother. He shot her. I've been sitting in isolation for god knows how long. It was dark, and moist. George has visited me twice. One time, he brought her with him. Her dead body in a white dress. Apparently they're putting her in the morgue. With the other women. I needed to get out of here. I needed to expose the truth. He's a rapist and a serial killer. I need proof of his actions

Hero has been in my room once. Just once. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and held me as if I was his entire world. He kept me warm and brought light to the cold darkness I had been trapped in for almost three days. He told me it had been three days.

I don't know how long it's been since then.

Banging on the door interrupts me from my thinking. One guard. Just one. I stand up and slowly approach. Putting out my wrist for him to cuff. His mask covers his face along with his suit. I have to do this. I have to do it now.

He goes to cuff my hands, but instead I push my hands out and knock him down to the floor, knocking him out.

I take his suit and mask, hiding my hair in the back of the oversized mask and I grab his gun and keys. I cuff his hands and leave the room struggling to keep my composure. I pass one other guard, then turn the corner. The elevator is in front of me. I'm two floors above Hero. His room was the same room from when we first arrived. I remember him telling me that.

I step into the elevator and click the last button. It travels slowly, but arrives to the empty hallway a second later. I step out and walk- more like run- down the long hallway. I unlock his door and step it, shutting it behind me. He looks up, panicked, then gets up to fight back.

"Hero. Shhh!" I whisper, putting my hands out, "It's me, it's Jo." I tell him and remove the masks. His eyes go wide and he wraps his arms around me.

"How'd you get suit?" He ask and I shhh him.

"I disarmed my guard." I reply and grab the extra gun from my belt. I hand it to him and he slides it into his pocket. The two of us leave the room and he follows closely behind me, holding the gun in front of his chest, pretending his hands are cuffed. I cover my face and lead him into the elevator. I click the ground floor button and it shakes its way to the surface. It stops one floor away from the surface and the doors open. George steps in. Fuck.

"Presley. Where are you taking Mr. Washington?" George ask. What do I say?

I deepen my voice and say, "To your office sir."

George nods, "Then why didn't it stop earlier?"

"We must've hit the buttons at the same time." I reply and swallow away my nerves and fear. I need to get him out of the way. I know exactly how to do it.

We go down two floors and the doors open, he steps out, "Are you coming?" I shake my head, shoot my gun to distract him, then the doors shut and the elevator travels up.

I undo Hero's cuffs and the doors open. It's a lobby.

I throw the helmet to the side and the two of us start running. My chest hurts, no, aches.

As we run, I hear the doors open from behind us, bullets rush past our bodies and the two of us are dodging death. I feel one nick my leg, but it doesn't leave a mark. The material was thick enough to block a bullet.