Chapter Fifteen: Anywhere Anytime

Josephine

After spending some 'quality' time together, I go into the bathroom and turn on the shower. I showered last night, but mind as well do it again to wash away the scent of sex.

I step into the stream of hot water and let it overtake me. It runs down my back and my muscles feel looser than they did a minute ago.

I hear a knock on the door and shout, "What do you need?"

"I need a towel, the apple juice spilled all over the floor." He shouts from the other side of the door, I grab my towel and wrap it around my waist as I get out. I crack the door open and give him a towel.

"How about I join you?" He teases. Showering with him. My goodness, I can't fathom the idea, but a darker side takes over and opens the door without saying anything.

He turns off the shower and plugs the drain. He turns on the bath on the hottest water setting.

"Hero, I've never bathed with you before." I tell him as he pushes his boxers down. He stands in front of me, naked.

"I know, drop the towel." He whispers. I nod, grinning, then pulling apart the towel. The soft, white material drops to the floor, pooling at my feet. I step into the tub and wait for him to step in. He leans back against the wall, his knees bent.

I sit between his legs, pressing my bare back to his chest. He wraps an arm to the skin under my breast and takes a handful of the slowly rising water, dumping a little onto my naked body.

"Why are you so perfect?" I ask, my voice coming out as a hushed whisper. I turn my head to look at him.

"No one is perfect, Josephine, everyone has their flaws."

"But what if we were perfect?" I reply. He sighs, then slowly pulls me against him. We stare up at the ceiling, and my mind is going back to two weeks ago, when we were floating in his pool, without a care in the world.

"Then we'd already be married. We wouldn't have to go to college, we would have perfect jobs, a nice home." He says with a lighthearted smile. I run my fingers through his curly hair.

"I wish life was that easy." I tell him with a broad smile. We both knew, deep down in our hearts, that we'd be together till the day we die.

No matter what happens, we will live together, marry each other, sleep together. Hell, we were checking out an apartment on Wednesday. He was so different when it was just us, more caring and loving, less of a filter.

"Thank you Hero, you're the reason I made it though a hard time." I tell him, kissing his dry chest.

"And to you Josephine, for seeing past the broken kid who saw things he should never have saw, and finding a pure love in his heart."

"Hero, can I ask you something about Ben?"

"Yeah, just not about the accident." He replies sternly, then softly smiles, signaling it was okay for me to ask.

"What made him the happiest?"

He pauses for a moment, "Definitely me and Hadley. He loved us. I mean, he was 5/6 years older than us, he cared for us so much when our Dad was on business trips, or our Mom was busy working her way up to the Superintendent position."

I knew he missed him, I could see it in the way he spoke. I remember going to the funeral, holding Hero and Hadley's hands as they sobbed. I held onto Hadley for the most part, but never let go of Hero's hand. I wanted him to know that I cared. I had to be a good Middle School Girlfriend.

"I'm sorry for asking, it was stupid of me to-"

"Josephine, it's fine. I feel like whenever I talk about him, I feel less and less to blame for his death." He interjects. I nod, then turn off the faucet when the hot water covers my chest.

I wrap my arms around him and he does the same. He was holding us up by pressing his bare feet against the other side of the tub. We sit in silence as our thought pile, one after another, slowly taking over like an open flame to a wooden barn.
***
We get out and dry off, Hero pulls on a pair of boxers and jeans, completely forgetting a shirt. His abs are thick and defined and his chest is broad and toned.

"Whatcha starring at?" He jokes as he sits down to pull on a pair of this, gray socks.

"You."

"Well take it all in because it's a limited time offer." He jokes, then grabs a tight shirt, pulling it on.

"My Mom is meeting us at 1:00, I think she said it was a Chinese restaurant." I tell him as I put my tooth brush in my mouth and begin to brush my teeth.

"Okay, I want to go out for a little bit, Just us." He replies, standing up and down looking into my eyes. I walk away from him and enter the bathroom. When I finish brushing my teeth, I walk into the room.

"Can we watch something, maybe an episode of Bob Ross first?" I ask cheekily.

He nods with a subtle smile, "Sure, grab my laptop."

I'd be lying if I said I didn't use Hero's Netflix.

I knew that while we watched it, he wasn't very interested, but he did it because he loved me. He loved me so much. I watched Bob Ross, because his paintings are beautiful and stunning, I like art, but it's not my entire world like it is for some other people. I was going to college as a Business Major and Hero was going for Upper Education, like teaching High School or College Classes.

For a second, I find myself staring at Hero instead of watching the episode. His eyes are brighter than usual. They emit a soft, yet heavy glow which consumes me.

I look into his eyes, then slowly move in to kiss his lips.