If We Were Perfect- Introduction- BONUS CHAPTER!!

Note: This is the original beginning to my first draft of "If We Were Perfect" Today marks four years since I began thinking about this idea and I decided it was time to come at it with a fresh, new Point of View. The characters' ages have changed dramatically, no longer being in High Schools and plot points will be very different compared to this original draft. The cover for the first draft:

If We Were Perfect is a book made up of my heart, soul, and emotions

If We Were Perfect is a book made up of my heart, soul, and emotions. I poured so much of myself into these characters lives that in a way, they're more myself than I am.

Here's a small dedication to someone who once told me to never let my light burn out, and to always burn brighter than anyone else.

You know who you are because I know you're reading this. I'm also not sure if you want me to name drop you in such an open place, so I'll respect that.

But thank you L. Thank you for helping through a dark time. Thank you letting me pour out all of my feelings and emotions to you. You helped me out of my darkest time and told me what it felt like to be bold. To be brave. You taught me to love who I love. You taught me to never settle for the worst. You taught me the meaning of trust. My light will never burn out. I will never settle for the worse. I will always look fear in the face and be brave. I will always remember the words you told me. I will always remember you leading me out of the hardest part of my life.

SYNOPSIS:
Hero would do anything for her, his High School Sweetheart, Josephine

So when Josephine comes back from Chicago, distraught about a shocking revelation, her has to do whatever he can from stopping her exposing the truth.

But when she decides to surprise him by taking him to Chicago, he doesn't pick up on the fact that it's the start of the exact thing he was supposed to stop.

So when Josephine's true past begins to creep back into her life, she has to decide, her happiness with Hero, or ending everything with him to expose the truth.

BONUS CHAPTER!!!!!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Prologue
Hero

If I had to take a bullet for Josephine, I would, I would take a bullet for the woman I loved. She was on her way over now. Her older brother, Jamie was dropping her off. I pace nervously. She hasn't been over to almost two months.

I had gone to her house or we would go out on dates and all.

A knock comes from the door and I rush toward it.
Shit. She was here already.

I rush to the door before my mom can and pull it open. She's standing in the doorway. Wearing her two piece bathing suit. One she looked fucking hot in.

"Hero. Hey." She whispers and lets herself in. I shut the door behind her and Hadley rushes down the stairs.

"Jo!" She shouts and the two hug.

The two haven't hung out in forever. I met Josephine through Hadley, they were best friends in elementary school and then Hadley asked if her new friend could come over. Our parents mingled for a bit, then Josephine came over for the first time.

They haven't stopped talking since then.

"Hadley, we'll be out back. Mom and dad should be home in a little bit." I tell her and head to the back door to push open the door.

She sets her towel down and the two of us take hands, then run-jump into the pool, going under immediately.