Chapter Seventeen: Take Me Away From Here

There is a short rated +13 plus scene in this chapter, it's steamy, but not like the last scene.

Josephine

After Aunt Jess takes us to the nearest police station to file a missing person report, she takes us back to my Father's apartment.

"It makes no sense. How could she disappear with no trace?" Aunt Jess ask, tears stain her cheeks and her eyes are a bright, puffy red. I see the red and blue lights flashing outside, Dad look toward Hero and I.

"Can you two go upstairs while we talk to the Cops, we need some privacy?" He ask, pointing to the staircase. I nod and take his hand, leading him to the staircase. Our steps show our emotions as we move. Our movement is slow like a sloth on Xanax.

"Come here." He whispers when our feet hit the threshold. He takes me in his arms and lifts me up slowly. His body presses against mine, my back against the bathroom door.

Our lips crash together and our kisses become rough. I love the way he made me feel. He made my days better and my nights longer.

"I'm sorry this is happening. You don't deserve this." He tells me, his eyes water and tears fill his glare.

"Hero, we cant change what happens to us. Fate has a weird way of working, something will come of this, I can feel it." I reply, pulling away and leading him down the hallway. We enter the first room, and I can tell from how everything is left as if the last person in here left in a hurry, it was my Mom. The sheets were messy and everything was a knocked over mess. It was messy.

"Holy shit." He whispers, shutting the door behind us. I scan the room and her stuff was all still here. Her suitcase, her bag, her laptop. It was all still here.

"What happened?" I ask to no one in particular and begin to move around the room. I pick up a piece of wood, then drop it down. The desk was broken, piece of wood scatter the floor. The mirror that my Mom used to make me look like a princess in front of was now shattered. Shards of glass cover the floor.

"It looks like a tornado hit." He whispers, from the other side of the room. He pulls away the curtain. I move over to him and see that the window is yanked open, a ladder leading down the side of the house. Someone broke in. My Mom was kidnapped. Holy fuck.

"Hero, um, this is a crime scene, and we need to go." I nudge his shoulder, but his eyes are focused on something. A note sitting on the bed. I hastily head toward the bed as the sounds of the cops talking downstairs grows louder.

"Go, out the window and to the backyard." I say and he swings his legs out the window. I shove the note in my pocket and follow Hero out the window and down the ladder. We run to the backyard and he yanks me behind a shed. His soft hand covers my mouth as we lean against a stack of tires.

"Read the letter." He whispers, slowly moving his hand for us.

I did this for her. I went for her. He would've hurt her if I didn't go. Don't come looking or he'll hurt her too.

"What does that mean? 'He would've hurt her if I didn't go'." He ask, slowly lifting me over the fence and into the space between the two properties. It was a thin alleyway, but we slowly work our way down the alleyway.

Once we're out, we sit down on the sidewalk and he analyzes the letter.

"It makes no sense, why was everything a mess, but she voluntarily went with whoever wanted to get her." I say, looking over the note, "It's as if she didn't want us to call the police, like she's saying she's fine."

"And whoever this man was looking for, wasn't supposed to see this note." Hero says, looking around uncomfortably, "Let's go back to the hotel."

He helps me up and I shove the note in my pocket, following him to down the block to the bus station. The air is hot and the breeze doesn't help the fact it's 80/90 degrees out.

The bus drops us off a block away from our hotel. The streets of Chicago were busier than they were when we left, people push past each other to get to their destinations.

We push through the crowd, his hand is clammy as he leads me the opposite way of the people, some of them give us dirty looks, but I don't really care.

We enter our hotel and go right to the elevator.
***
My head hurts, Hero was in the shower and I lay in silence, staring at the ceiling above me.

What if she was dead? Who is he? Who was he trying to get to?

So many questions, my head hurts and it's spinning like a christmas top.

Hero exits the bathroom, a white towel wrapped around his waist. The hair on his legs looked darker when it was damp and his feet left tracks of water behind him.

He lays down next to me and his eyes are filled with a deep, heavy hunger.

"Can we?" I ask, his eyes become wide and he nods. Undoing the towel and letting it fall against his bare butt. He puts an arm behind his head and begins to stroke himself.

"Hero, let me." I whisper. Slowly replacing his hand with mine. I try and match the same pace he was going. He rest one of his hands on his abs. I climbed over his legs and he presses his knees against my thighs as I sit above him. My mouth replaces my hand and he begins to let out long, deep growls.

"Woah."

"You like this?" I ask when I come up for air. He nods and looks into my eyes.

"Of course, especially when you look so innocent. I feel like I'm in control." He tells me, his back arches and he looks hot.

I was going to do this until he came apart at the seems, I was ready to break him like a kid to a Jenga tower. He digs his finger though my messy hair. Holding my head down on him. Damn, he's controlling, but do I care? No, not really. I'm controlling though everything else, why not let him take control in the bedroom?

He comes apart, groaning out my name as he does. I turn my head and spit most of it out onto the towel.

"Was that nice?" I ask, he nods hastily. Not opening his eyes at all.

"Kiss me, anywhere, I don't care, I just need to come down from this high." He tells me and slowly bend down, pressing my lips up his bare chest. Kissing his happy trail down. I move past him and down his thigh. Stopping at his knee, I sit up and take his foot in my hand for a moment, moving it just enough for me to kid the back of his leg. His skin was soft. Every inch of his skin was soft.

Hero made me feel as if I weren't the only one fighting for a solid state of mind through the chaos of today.

And hopefully he'll do the same getting through the chaos of getting home tomorrow.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I know I haven't updated in awhile and I'm soooo sorry for that. I've just been busy with finishing the outline for this book and school that it's a little chaotic.

I'll try to update again by the end of next week, but no promises.

💜