Chapter Twenty-Seven: Take Me To Him

Josephine

I wake up to pounding and shouting. Hero isn't in bed anymore. I sit up and scan the room. He was gone and I was alone. What the hell? Where was he?

I kick away the covers and go to grab my clothes off the floor, but those are gone too. Nothing in the room was where we left it last night. It's as if they moved me to a different room.

I grab the chair from the table and smash it against the wall in a fit of anger and fury.

I walk over to the door, the floor was cold under my thin socks. I grip the knob and twist, pushing and pulling, "Help!"

I keep pulling and yanking until I hear footsteps approaching. I back up and grab a sharp piece of the broken chair, holding it out as a weapon.

Hit the guard then run. Don't stop.

Three guards pull open the door, ruining any chance of escaping.

"Miss Hart? You're coming with us." The tallest man says and I nod. They handcuff my hands and lead me down the dark hallway. We board the elevator and they enter a code on a key pad.

6201

The elevator begins to move, first up, then the floor jerks under my feet and begins to move to the left. A second later the doors open and a long hallway stands in front of us, a lone door at the end. As they march me toward the door, fear rises in my chest and my anxiety goes through the roof.

They push open the doors and I step into the room.

The walls are a bleak white and a polished grey desk sits in the middle of the room. Behind the desk was my father. We were face to face. Looking each other in the eyes.

"My beautiful daughter." He whispers, slowly standing up and putting his hand out to caress my cheek, "You look just like her."

I shake my head and slowly back away from him, "Don't fucking say that you rapist!"

"Don't talk to daddy like that baby girl." He whispers, rounding the desk and sitting me down in a chair, cuffing my wrist to the arms of the chair.

"Where's Hero? Where's my Mom? Where, you sick bastard!" I shout, thrashing about. He laughed maniacally, then pushes a small button the the table. A buzzer sounds and the guards re-enter the room with my mother.

In a fucking cage.

She's beating against the bars, screaming and crying, "Calm down, love."

She looks up, seeing me.

"Josephine! What are you doing here?" She shouts, "This man is a fucking sicko!"

I nod quickly and she reaches for me, "Mom! Are you okay?"

"George! Let her go! You can have me, just let her go!" Mom cries out, pushing her face against the small bars. The cage was small, Mom on her knees, and the cage itself on wheels.

"I don't need you anymore. I want her. Imagine what we could do together." He replies, kicking Mom's cage.

"That's incest you dirty bitch." She replies. And I look at them. My Mom shouting at my shitty sperm donor. He opens the cage and helps her out, the guards lock her hands behind her back and they move her to the seat across from me.

"Mom! Please go!" I cry from the other side of the table. I wanted her to be able to get out.

"One of you will be leaving today. Smithers! Bring the boy in and Jacobs, bring an extra chair!" George shouts and smiles grimly. Smithers brings Hero in and Jacobs cuffs him to the chair. Two other guards set out six cups, "One hand will be freed from cuffs, and you'll use it to spin the bottle. Each of you will take two drinks from two cups. Three have sleeping pills mixed in, the other three don't. One of you will drink two, and one will get one, whoever doesn't get the drugged drink, gets to leave."

We all nod, they free our hand from a cuff and I start, spinning the bottle. The bottle spins, then stops at the cup in front of Hero, I grab it and slowly bring it to my lips. It taste like apple cider. It doesn't seem drugged.

Hero spins the next bottle and it lands on the cup in front of my Mom. He brings it to his lips quickly, sipping the liquid down. He hasn't said anything to me. He's too quiet.

"Do you feel okay?" I ask as my Mom spins the bottle. He nods slowly, "Yeah, You?"

I nod, Mom sips from the cup, the one closest to me. Nothing happens. I spin again and it lands on the other cup in front of Mom. I pick it up and sip, my head starting to feel heavy. Only one of us is leaving tonight. It's not me. I push past the tiredness taking over my body.

"Jo? Are you okay?" Hero ask, taking my hand. I nod slowly but he knew I was lying. He spins the bottle and sips from one of the last cups.

I close my eyes, then open them again. He was starting to doze off. Mom wins. She'll save us. She'll get the police.

"Smithers. Unlock her."George commands and he does so. Mom stands up and starts to head to the door.

"Mom," I whine tiredly, "Don't leave me." My voice is hoarse and my throat hurts. I'm struggling to stay awake.

"I will baby! I'll get help!" She shouts then takes off running toward the door. Everything happens so fast, but it feels like slow motion. It's as if time freezes.

"No you won't." George says. I see one of his bench men slowly pull out a gun and point it at Mom.

A gunshot echos through the room and everything goes silent. Everything stops. My eyes close and I slowly begin drifting into a heavy sleep.

I'm soooooo sorry guys. Peep Riverdale scene cameo tho. This chapter was soooo hard to write. But it gets worse from here. Everything is about to break loose.

Please vote or comment to give me a little bit of a boost of inspiration for the next chapter and I hope you stick around 💙