Stormy weather

Joe's POV

Whilst Dianne was in the ladies room I waited in the courtyard. I thought I felt a few of rain but it was nothing more
I took a few fan selfies with some girls on a 21st night out. I felt my phone vibrating I excused myself when I saw who was calling. As soon as she said who else here I knew we couldn't stay and risk being seen together. I could see the three girls head to the bar so I went to get our jackets. I was making way towards the door to leave when a tall rugged looking man drunkenly pushed past me. His drink spilt on the floor and on my shoes.

"What the fuck mate" he spat he tried to swing for me but one of the other men he was with pulled away saying it's not worth it Ant. You can't get yourself banned from another bar. He staggered off still grumbling how It had been my fault.
Fuck I thought to myself was that Dianne's ex.

I exited and waited for Dianne to appear. As soon as her red head appeared out of the door my heart fluttered. There's just something something about her. She bounced over to me and threw her arms around my neck pulling me into a her and whispered thank you In my ear.

It was still early we'd only been at the bar a little over an hour and the next few words fell out my mouth before I could really engage my brain.

"Hey its not that late and I was just wondering if you wanted come to mine for a bit. Have another drink and talk some more" she looked at me with a coy little smile and nodded.

"Do you mind walking? It's going to take ages to find a taxi" I asked

"That's fine good job I'm wearing flats how long will it take?"

"About 30/40 mins I hope that's okay."

"I guess so it's definitely a good thing I wore flats" she giggled

We set off in the direction of my flat every so often our hands would graze against one another. Eventually our arms found themselves around each other.

We were roughly half way home when it began to pour with rain. We were both totally soaked when we got into the lobby of my building.

I looked at my phone we'd left the bar at 10.30 and made it back just after 11.

"We need to be careful. I forgot to mention Ranj lives in this building too but it's a Saturday night so he should be on shift" I said as we got into the lift dripping wet from the raging storm outside.

"My room mate Byron might be about but he shouldn't bother us" I said unlocking my door. I opened the door to quiet and dark flat.

"Byron are you in? " I shouted with no response.

I took mine and Dianne's wet jackets and hung them up in the downstairs guest bathroom.

"He's left you a note he's gone out with Emily"I heard Dianne shout

Even better I thought to myself. I came out of the bathroom and pulled Dianne into a tight hug. She was drenched as was I.

"Let me get you some dry clothes and a towel for your hair before you catch a chill. I'll be five minutes make us both a drink if you like I've got beers or there's some spirits and mixers if you prefer. I've also got tea and coffee if you want something warm" I said heading up the stairs to my room.

I went into my wardrobe and picked out two hoodies t shirts and jogging bottoms" I changed and chucked my wet clothes into my laundry basket. I took down the other set of clothes and grabbed a towel out of my bathroom and headed back downstairs.

I handed her the dry clothes and told her she could change in the bathroom. A few minutes later she reappeared wearing my brown teddy bear hoodie and some black bottoms. The towel wrapped around her head. She'd removed the make up she'd been wearing too using the make up remover Emily keeps here.
She looked amazing I couldn't stop staring wondering why this beautiful woman had come out with me.

We took the cups of tea she'd made and sat on my sofa.
We looked deep in to each other's eyes and before I knew it our lips crashed together into long passionate kiss. It was just like the our first kiss all the way back in Australia. I'm not who broke the kiss but it ended with our foreheads pressed together again looking deep into each other's eyes.
"I've been wanting that all night" I said
"Same" she gasped

"Shall we watch a movie or something" I asked She nodded we scrolled through eventually deciding on Friends. I pulled a faux fur blanket off the back of the sofa. I pulled Dianne close and wrapped the blanket around us.

"How many times have you watched friends through? I think I've seen it at least 40 or 50 times" she laughed snuggling into me even more.

"Same probably" planting a soft kiss on her head.

We were only half watching friends we kept sharing sweet little kisses and deeper longer more passionate ones.

It wasn't long before I noticed Dianne had fallen asleep on my chest. I turned the tv off and started to drift off into a very happy slumber.