Pies

September marked new chapters for Joe and Dianne.

For Joe September marked a very special moment. He would be stepping out on to a west end stage for the very first time.

He wasn't new to the stage having done YouTube events,tours with Caspar and of course strictly but the west end was new. It was different. The audience were not there for him. Some might be his fans but the majority of people were there as musical theatre fans.

He was surrounded by seasoned professionals most of whom had been through some sort of Musical theatre training. He was aware of the criticism and online comments saying he didn't deserve the role. That he was simply a stunt cast purely to sell seats in a show that was struggling and wanted to make bit more money before closure next year.

But for Joe this was a new and exciting opportunity, this is what the last year had been about. He'd started working with Fiona his singing coach as soon as the tour had finished.

He'd been given similar flack singing up for strictly. With people saying he wasn't even a Z list celebrity but within the first few weeks he'd won over the nations hearts. He hoped he would prove people wrong with his new role as Ogie in Waitress. It wasn't like he'd been handed the role either like so many assumed he had. Instead he'd been through a fairly long and rigorous audition process. He'd been one of eight people who'd had auditioned for the role.

For Dianne it was the start of her third strictly journey. Everyone having high hopes for her after reaching last years final with Joe proving herself a very strong contender. This year she'd been partnered with radio one DJ and former cbbc presenter Dev Griffin. She was well aware of the negativity online. The apparent never ending twitter trolls saying she would cheat on Joe. 

The next few weeks flew by in a blur of rehearsals for Dianne and late night finishes and meetings squeezed in where possible for Joe. Dianne had settled into her new partnership with Dev who everyone saw had great potential. The pair had brought the house down with their Aladdin themed couples choice street routine.

Joe had settled into theatre life more perfectly that anybody would of thought.
He'd becomes almost instant best friends with David and Andrew both of whom his fans began to adore with their regular appearances in joe's vlogs. Joe had been bringing his own brand of humour to backstage life even pulling a prank or two. He'd won over a bunch theatre critics with his dorky and adorable vision of Ogie. Even waitress super fans labelling him one of the best and their favourite Ogie.
A title Joe felt honoured to receive. 

Joe's POV

It was a Sunday which was supposed to be a day of rest and recovery for Dianne and myself after completing another week of shows and a full week of training and then the live show for Dianne. It wasn't that unusual for Dianne to be awake before me. So rolling over and finding the bed empty wasn't unusual.
Especially with our current commitments.

I made my way downstairs to find my girl seemingly in her own world my AirPods in her ears dancing to herself.

"Oh morning joe did you sleep well?" Dianne smiled kissing me softly.

"I did. How about you how's your neck and back ? I felt you fidgeting in the night"

"I'm still sore but nothing a quiet day after I've done this choreography won't solve"

"What's your dance this week?"

"Cha cha cha. Not sure why they've given much such a rubbish song. It's too slow. I'm worried Joe"

"What song is it ?"

"Dancing with a stranger"

"The Sam Smith song ?"