Blackpool

Wednesday

Dianne's pov

Joe had taken to the quickstep like a duck takes to water. The difference from this time last week with the dreaded samba was remarkable. The entire dance was so perfect for Blackpool. I'd been waiting my entire life to compete at the tower ballroom and the fact I got to do it with the man I loved was the cherry on top of the cake.

"What time are the other pros coming Di?" Joe asked between mouthfuls of salad

"Erm 2 I think only for about an hour or so and the camera people will be here in 20 mins I think"

"That's fine are you sleeping at mine or yours tonight... I remember you saying you needed to go back to get some stuff"

"Yours... I'll nip back and have dinner with Ames and catch up then I'll Uber down to yours we're rehearsing so close to you tomorrow it makes the most sense especially as we loose a time in the evening getting the train up to Blackpool... is it half 7 or half 8 train we're getting ?"

"Half 8... we'll get there later than the others who are mostly getting the 7.30 but we won't be leaving the
Studio for the station at peak traffic time so there's less chance of us missing it"

"Are we the only ones on that train?"

"I think so why?"

"Just curious but it also means I can fall asleep on you without everyone bugging us"

"That's true... there is something I'd like to ask you"

We were interrupted by a knock at the door from production coming to film a training segment for VT and it takes two.

"Ask me later on Joe" flashing him a look of behave yourself there's cameras. The days of been completely professional in the studio were sort of behind us especially after last week. We tried as hard as we could but sometimes we both gave into temptation. With lingering cuddles and little kisses.

But as soon as we had an audience of choreographers,dancers or anybody else from Strictly HQ it had to revert to a strictly professional environment. I won't lie I do get disappointed when other people are with us. There's just something so special about sharing this experience with someone I loved and genuinely saw a future with. It's not unusual for dance partners to fall in love. Amy was marrying Ben, Neil and katya had married each other. I'd even dated my former partner years ago looking back I'd not been in love with him at least not the same way I loved my Joseph.

///

The camera crew and professional dancers all came and went. Joe had another successful rehearsal. It felt weird not going straight back to Joe's with him I'd gotten into such a routine of being at his most nights even just for dinner or filming if I wasn't sleeping at his that heading off in the opposite direction felt almost wrong. Opening the door at Amy's I was hit by the most wonderful smell of curry.

"Hi Di how're things... dinner will be ready in like five mins"

"Not too bad Ames not too bad better than last week.....how're things with you"

"They're okay... it's odd not being in the studio this week but at least I can get back into some sort of normal routine. How're rehearsals with Joe going ?"

"They're going so well. I think this could be our best dance yet"

"And how're things between the two of you still loved up ?"

"Definitely.... I know it must look like we're moving really fast but it just feels right. He's my person Ames I just know it"

"That's how I felt about Ben.. speaking of which... I didn't really want to have to break this to you right before Blackpool but you're so busy it's hard to find a moment but Bens found a new place but it's only one bedroom. We got rejected for a lot of the 2 bed places because we're not a family and families get priority for the bigger places but I heard Johannes and some of the other burn the floor lot are needing roommates so you won't be homeless I promise"