Pairing day

September 1st 2018
Elstree Studios

Dianne's pov

I took a deep breath. After a month of rehearsals it was time to pre-record the launch of strictly come dancing 2018. I was never normally nervous before performances but I'd be finding out who my partner would be. I knew I'd never be paired with Joe but I was hoping I'd get a partner further than last year.

"All cast to floor please all cast to floor" the speaker in my dressing room crackled.

This is it Di Strictly season no.2!

I hurried off to floor where we had the evening explained to us. The show was prerecorded so would be filmed in a different order to what people at home would see.

First to be recorded would be male pro and female celebrities. Everyone took their positions.

Susannah was paired with Anton which surprised nobody.

Katie Piper was paired with Gorka

Stacey Dooley was paired with Kevin

Lauren Steadman was paired with AJ

It was then the female pros turn to be paired.

Karen was paired with Charles Venn

Janette was paired with Dr Ranj

Amy was paired with Danny which I knew she didn't want to be. He'd all given us weird vibes in rehearsals.

It was then Joe's turn. I'd been convinced he'd be paired with Janette but she'd been paired with Ranj. His VT ran and then the music started.

"It's Dianne" I heard Tess say and I couldn't believe it. I don't think Joe did either. I ran over to him and he lifted me off the a little. Tess asked to see us in ballroom hold. He's almost got it and he's got an amazing long neck too. We made our way up to Claudia on the balcony. After our short interview the last few couples were announced. I pulled joe towards me so I could whisper in his ear.

"Is this a dream I can't believe it Joe"

"Me either Di"

We just smiled at each other the moment was a little ruined by one of the many producers.

"Can all pro dancers please make their way to the dance floor please we need to record the opening number"

"See you later partner"

Joe's POV

I can't believe it. I'm paired with Dianne. After a month of being convinced I'd be paired with anyone other than her I'm speechless. I'm on cloud nine. I was brought back down to earth by yet another producer telling the celebrities to change into their costume for the group dance.

2 hours later
Joe's dressing room Elstree studios

That was it I'd officially started filming for this years strictly come dancing. I heard a little knock on my door.
"Come in"

In walked Dianne in a black fluffy dressing gown.

"Hey partner" she smiled

"Hey"

"So I should probably tell you what the plan is for rehearsal"

"Yeah I guess so"
Dianne went through the basic schedule . Rehearsals wouldn't be too intense to start with as we had longer to train for the first dance. She didn't tell me what dance we'd be doing she was saving that for first rehearsal.

"Hey Di its my birthday on the 8th when this airs so I'm planning on having a party so I was just wondering if you wanted to come. I'm inviting everyone else just wanted to ask you personally"

"Of course I'll be there"

"You'll get to meet my sister and her boyfriend as well as a bunch of my mates."

"It sounds amazing anyway I'd better be going and let you get home"

She was just about to leave when I stopped her and pulled her into a hug. I could feel her heart rate increase just like mine does every time she looks at me. She looked up at me and we pressed our foreheads together. I knew from now on our relationship had to be professional. It was going to be a long few weeks.

A/n
Just a short filler to keep momentum. I won't be doing a chapter for every single dance either. I'm really enjoying doing some creative writing again. It's definitely distracting me from the depressive side of my brain.
Hope everyone is still enjoying and thanks for the votes. Also hands up if the last day of tour made you sob. 🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️
Toodle pip
Hannah xx