II: Lady Oliva Frost Ryder-Merlot

High in Fort Rosario castle, a noble youth sat in the window cradled seat overlooking the gardens of her home. On her lap, atop her ordinant skirts, rested an old, weathered book in ill repair, full of unaddressed letters and torn pages. The book was very out of place in the room that was otherwise full expensive, and well polished items. Yet this old and worn thing sat upon the girl's lap like it was the most precious thing to her. Her fingers lightly rested on the cover, as her gaze watched the main road to the castle through stained glass of rose, green and gold.

A soft sigh escaped parted her lips, as there was no sign of anyone coming, nor going from the castle on this dark and windy day. Her attention turned to the leather bound papers, as she delicately opened its's pages, and finding a blank one- before reaching for a small bottle of ink, and a black quill pen. It wasn't long before the sound of the quill scratching against the paper became the main sound, over the soft chorus of of breaths and soft snores of her pets that otherwise filled the air.

The lady's name was Olivia Frost Ryder, of the royal house Merlot. She was second born, and youngest child in her family, one of two daughters- both of which had a habit of standing out in crowd...whether they liked it or not. Olivia, or Livi, as she liked the people closest to her to call her, almost looked like she had stepped straight out of a fairy tale. Her hair was long, waves of golden and strawberry blond- often adorned with a braid or two, but usually in styles that did little to hide its length. Her skin was pale, soft,  and adorned with freckles when she managed to get the time she wanted out in the sun. While her eyes - they were a striking silver color, that held a quiet intensity about them, whenever something claimed her attention. She was thin, and while she currently was less than 5 ft tall, she showed signs that she would grow to be quite tall, at least according to the Merlot's clerics. A late bloomer. At present she was adorned in expensive fabrics of varying shades of green, with gold embroidery decorating the heavy fabrics. Resting across her nose was a pair of large round glasses, that had tiny runes etched into it frame.

She wasn't writing at her fastest, her pen strokes deliberate, and careful, as she tried to write in her best cursive, in addition to carefully choosing each of her words. She enjoyed writing, and took great care each time she did for it.

As she wrote, one of her pets awoke from where they napped. A goose, large and white, lifted it's head from where they had turned her neck to use theirself as a pillow. They opened their mouth wide, yawning, and showing off the teeth that lined their beak, and tongue, before snapping it back shut, and waddling over to the young Lady. Olivia's pets may not have been the most intelligent creatures in the realm, but they knew their mistress well. And the goose knew, that that sound, the scratching of quill on paper, meant that Livi would soon have a task for her.

So after waddling over, the goose hopped up, flapping its wings to get the height needed to join the human girl in the window only to settle back down, sitting - and waiting, for the scritch scritch scratching to stop.

Eventually, it did. The young lady then gently blowing on the ink upon the page in hopes of helping it dry faster. When done, she slipped a braided silken ribbon of green, black and white, to mark the pages before closing it. "Merryweather?" the girls soft voice qued, at long last speaking.

The goose rose to it's feet, ruffling its feathers, before stepping forward to the girl. Around the fowl, was a harness, it bore Olivia's version of her family crest, and a single pocket, to which the book she slid within seemed a near perfect fit - or at least had been back when the book was unused, all pages intact. Olivia clasped the compartment shut, before unlatching the window, allowing it to open.

The goose waddled over, not needing further instruction, it only ever delivered to the book to one person, and would attack anyone else who tried to take it from her, even if it was her lady's own sister.

"Thank you...make sure he gives you a nice treat..." She quietly said, before giving her pet a boost out the window. The bird's flight was a little awkward, but Olivia knew well the goose could handle this task, even in the current rains and winds. She watched as the bird disappeared, before going to close her window, and in turn the latch. However a commotion below caught her attention, and the window ended up remaining unlatched, as she hurried off to see it's source, only pausing briefly to leave behind her glasses upon her dresser.