IV: Captain Axel Beauregard

Old eyes watched as the shore moved further and further away. He was a good kid that Patches, best nephew a man could have. 'Probably should have told him I was his uncle...' The old captain thought before shaking the idea away. He was fine as is and that wasn't that important anyway.

If one were to be looking at the two, despite being the only two half elves in the crew, one would never guess that they were related. In large part because they were two very different types of elves. Patches mother had been a High Elf, while Axel's had been a Wood Elf - funny thing that was, that both had elvin mothers and human fathers. The small variance in half their heritage had made all the difference. Well, three fourths difference? The boy's father had only been his half brother after all- not that it had mattered much. Still, the major differences between uncle and nephew seemed to come primarily from their mothers.

Where Patches had been light and bright colored, Axel was all earthy hues. Pale brown skin, darkened to a deeper color from sporting a constant tan from all his days at sea. Eyes, though old, still good, a rich dark chocolate color, and hair reminiscent of fertile soil. He fancied himself a suave and handsome man, despite the wrinkles that time had started forming in his skin. It would have been the tale tell sign of his human half, had he not had an anchor beard and handlebar mustache. He wasn't one to hide what he was from people... just, maybe, where he was.

"Down the sails and full speed. Make haste! Make haste, lads!" Axel shouted as he stood behind the wheel. Well none of that mattered anyway, they were heading for Tortuga. Now if only he could find a nice whore and drink without running into Wendy. He definitely didn't want her to see him there. But he definitely needed a drink, most of the crew probably did, but he knew he especially did.

The clouds began to thicken overhead, the storm doing its best to catch up with them. A dark grey shadow cast itself back over the rickety ol' ship. Half the crew honestly thought that ol' piece of driftwood would soon crumble apart, but good old Captain Axel never lost faith in her. He's had that magnificent vessel since he was but a teen. Which for a half elf of his age was really saying something. He'd soon rather see his own demise before the falling of his ship.