XIX: Patches O'Leary

“So a filthy elf wants to be champion.” A biting voice says with an angry laugh. Patches looked across the large arena to see a large human male. A large great sword sitting on his shoulder as the announcer named him as Lord Theo Onze Huyos, heir Cabernet. “I'll show you the real power of a champion. I swear a Vow of Enmity.” And just like that the golden haired male started charging at the half-elf screaming in anger.

    “Are ye overcompensating for somethin’?” Patches asked with a smirk as he attempts to mock the paladin.

The paladin manages to land a blow despite the bard’s psychic attack. The attack seems to explode with radiance and Patches cries out from the powerful blow.

“Spirit Guardians,” Patches says with a smirk as he spits out a wad of blood. Vague fey like astral forms surround the bard striking out at the paladin. “Pull yourself together O’Leary...” Patches mutters to himself quickly, using more magic to give himself a healing word. It wasn’t the best heal, but it was enough to stop the bleeding for now.

    The paladin screams in rage at the bards audacity to use a paladin spell against him. He swings, and his blade cleaves through Patches with a burst of thunder sending the bard flying right out of the ring.

    Patches smirks as he stands, ears admittedly ringing. “That be a damn dirty trick” He says with a laugh. Taking the loss with dignity, not letting it get to him. He knew he fought well, and besides, though short, the fight had been fun.

The Paladin, however, walks almost up to him, then standing firm looking down on the half-elf with a glare, casting him in shadow. “Remember your place scum.” The paladin spits at Patches before looking around the arena one last time, and finally walking off in a huff to claim his trophy.

Patches simply shrugged. At least he would be going to this Unseen place. Wherever that was. If he had to fight just to get in - then it would probably be a blast, and he was looking forward to it.