Save the last dance

(Maddie,Rhonwen,Rydel)
I hang my dress up on a hook on my closet door as I pick out an outfit for today.
When I finish getting dressed I grab my keys and go to pick up Rydel. As I drive to her house I turn the radio up a little louder to get pumped for tonight. When I park in front of her house I text her and she comes running out with he dress in her hands. Once she's in we start driving to the mall for our hair and nail appointment.
"Are you excited?" She squeals
"I guess" I laugh "I still don't see why we can't do our own hair and makeup"
"Because this is your third catwalk that you are opening and I felt like it" She exaggerates
"You do know that I am junior stylist and I can enter for senior stylist next year ?" I laugh
"Well we have actual dates to go with this time" She laughs "Today, May 8th will be your best show ever"
"May 8th?" I ask realizing what today is
"Yea why?" She asks
"Today was my due date" I say "I would've been mom today"
"I know it's hard" She says "Try not to overthink it ok? Today's supposed to be fun"
"You're right" I nod as I pull into a parking spot
We get out and head towards the the nail salon to get those done first. I get mine coffin shaped with white and the ring fingers had gems in it to match my dress. Ashley gets almond shaped with white on every finger to be plain yet elegant.
Next we go to the makeup place. Ashley gets a smokey eye while I get a natural look with a bit of shimmer on the eyes and a nude lip. After that the last stop we have to make was the hair salon. We sit in the chairs for about an hour before we're called back. Ashley gets her hair curled with the two sides french braided back. I get my hair curled and the crown teased and my hair clipped in the back. After two hours of staying completely still we finally able to leave the mall.
"That was so painful yet exciting" Rydel comments
"All I could think about is Ryder" I say truthfully "I miss him"
"You're his mom no matter if he's here or not you are still mom. may not be physical but still emotionally" Rydel says
"I honestly don't know what I would do without you" I smile hugging her
On the ride home she lets me talk all about Ryder and how I wish I could've held him one more time. How I hated to say goodbye. How much he looked like Travis. And how I still haven't gained the courage to even take a peek at his nursery. When we arrive at home it's already about 4 pm. Rydel gets her dress out of the backseat and we walk in the house. We go upstairs and hang her dress up beside mine. I take the hairspray and spray it in her hair so it doesn't mess up. Then I take the nude liquid lipstick and go over her makeup. She does the same for me. After our makeup is all touched up she squeals and runs to her dress. This is my first time seeing her dress and to say it's beautiful is an understatement. It's a short strapless dress with gems under the bust area.

"It's so beautiful" I smile She nods and unzips the back before pulling it up

She nods and unzips the back before pulling it up. She turns around and I zip her up. She goes to her bag and pulls out her white and silver heels and a silver bracelet with gems all around. She clasps the bracelet on her wrist before working on her shoes.
I go to my dress and unzip the plastic bag that holds it. The top is strapless and full of gems down to the waist with cut outs on the sides. The bottom long skirt is a baby blue, almost mint green color