Girls

❤️Ryland's POV❤️
Travis and Jade wave goodbye before they leave to go have dinner over Travis' parents house. It's been almost two weeks since he's showed up and he's been staying in a hotel. I look at Maddie and it's like she can read my mind.
"No" She says
"Come on baby!" I whine
"No Ryland" She says "They are not staying here.Rhonwen always comes over and it already hurts her seeing him with another girl"
"But they've been staying in a hotel. Hotels are expensive as hell" I says
"You better hope Rhonwen doesn't slap the shit out of you" She sighs before walking away
I get out my phone and call Travis. The line rings a few times until he picks up
"Ryland?" He asks
"So Maddie and I was talking. It's too expensive for you to be staying in a hotel room for almost two months so why don't you guys just stay here?" I suggest "We have a guest bedroom, you don't have to pay for food, you have everything you need"
"And Maddie's ok with that?" Travis asks "Considering..."
"I had to talk Maddie into it" I states "She'll get used to it"
"Ok. Yeah, we'll bring our things over later after dinner with my parents" Travis says before hanging up
Now I just have to find a way to tell Rhonwen without her killing me...

💖Rhonwen'sPOV💖
"So why'd you call me?" Rydel asks as she picks up the phone after calling her a billion times
"I'm throwing a bridal shower for Maddie but I want it to be a surprise" I say
"Did you tell the girls yet?" She asks
"I called them all this afternoon" I state
"Where's it going to be?" She asks
"Here" I say "It's just going to be for us girls so it's not going to get too wild"
"Ok sounds good. Just text me when you want to meet up and start planning. I have to go drop Cindy off at the house" Rydel says
"Ok bye" I say before hanging up

Today I was off work so I decided to take a lazy day and stay in my pajamas.Rosie and I relaxed all day and watched movies. I look at the time and see that it's 4:30 pm so I decide to get up and get ready for the dinner Ryland and Maddie invited us over for. I go wake Rosie up and make her sit on the potty while I choose an outfit. I pick out a white tank top, a white lace top, denim shorts, and some fringed boots. I brush her hair and then twist it up into a top knot bun. Once she's ready I put paw patrol on and let her watch it as I get ready.
I go to my room and go through my closet. I decide on a white flowy tank, light wash denim shorts, and some white flip flops.
I grab our things and turn everything off before I take her hand and we leave. About ten minutes later I pull in front of Ryland's house. I park on the street and walk in with Rosie holding my hand. We walk into the living room and see Ryland and Maddie talking lowly.
"Hey" I smile
"Hey" Maddie says looking back
She gets up and hugs me and Rosie.Rosie giggles and runs to Ryland. She loves her uncles. He smiles and fist bumps her. We all go to the kitchen and set the table together except for Rosie of course. Ryland sets the table while Maddie and I put the food on the table. Once everything is done I make Rosie a small plate. I put carrots, peas, and cut her up a piece of chicken. I sit her plate in front of her and she starts digging in. Ryland, Maddie, and I start passing around the bowls until we have everything we want.
"So Rhonwen before Ryland tells you some news I want to let you know I had nothing to do with it" Maddie says eating her food
I look over at Ryland confusingly
"ItoldTravisandJadetheycoildstayhereuntillafyerthewedding" Ryland says
"Slow down I can't understand you" I laugh
"I told Travis and Jade that they could stay here until after the wedding" Josh says "It's just too expensive at a hotel"
"Oh" I say
"Are you mad?" Mads asks
"Um shocked but not mad. Travis is Ryland's best friend it would've came sooner or later" I shrug nervously
So now I'm going to have to see him almost everyday? Great Just great
I avoid their stare and finish eating my food. We all go back to eating our food silently. I hear the door open and I automatically know who it is. I keep my head down as they enter the kitchen.
"Hey" Travis says to everyone
I reach over and rub the piece of carrot from the edge of Rosie's mouth. I glance over at them before looking back at Rosie.
"Hey" Ryland says "Got your stuff?"
"Yea" Travis says
This is so awkward
"I'll show you guys to the guest room" Ryland says getting up
"I'm going to head home" I say standing up "Thank you for inviting us over. I'll see you tomorrow Mads?"
"Yeah" She smiles at me
I take mine and Rosie's plates to the kitchen sink and washed them off. I pick Rosie up and grab my purse. I start walking outside as Jade comes beside me.
"Hey" She smiles
"Hi" I say
"Why are you leaving so soon?" She asks as we walk down the porch
"I have things I have to do" I lie
"Oh! Well I hope to see you soon. I don't really know a lot of people here and I won't admit it but I feel out of place. Everyone in the family has such a close relationship and I'm new" She says
I stop in my tracks and turn around. Damn me and my niceness.
"I'm throwing Maddie a surprise bridal shower maybe you can help me plan it?" I say
"Are you sure that won't be weird?" She asks "I know that it can be awkward trying to be friends with your ex's fiancé"
"He told you" I state
"Yes" She says
"How much did he tell you?" I ask
"Enough" She says "Don't worry I'm not trying to rub our relationship in your face nor will I ever. I actually want to be friends. You guys grew up together and even though you guys have so much history you guys cared enough about each other to stay friends. I love that!"
'Yeah" I fake laugh "Uh so I'll see you around"
"Of course!" She smiles
Why am I so damn nice? I should hate her! Especially because she has the one thing I want. Screw. My. Life
I need to find the girls!