may issue ✧ 28

some fluff.

✧✧✧

Luke returned from the water. He was tired. His body was tired from swimming and it felt good.

But after only half an hour of swimming, he missed Michael.

His Michael who was lying in the shadow under a tree, hidden from the sun.

Luke needed to know his boyfriend wasn't sad or was overthinking things. Like Luke was as he swam back to the shore.

When he walked through many towels of crowds of people, he finally reached Michael who seemed anything but sad.

Sleeping and snoring with a smile on his face.

Taking pictures while his boyfriend was asleep was Michael's thing but Luke decided he needed a new lock screen too. While he was taking pictures, Michael woke up because of the cold drops of seawater dripping down Luke's body.

"Mean," Michael mumbled sleepily and Luke's heart was melting.

It made him laugh. "I'm sorry, you big baby." He laid down on a towel next to Michael so they were face to face. "Do you need another layer of sunscreen?"

His boyfriend grinned and Luke knew something was coming but before his brain could work it out, he was pulled on top of his boy.

"I need another layer of you." Michael joked but the joke was on him as Luke was wet and cold and his own pale body overheated even in the shadow.

He started squirming under Luke who started laughing and dropped his head down on Michael's chest. Michael laughed too and crossed his hands behind Luke's back and pulled him closer.

Luke was tired and now that he knew Michael was happy and he was the only thing on his boyfriend's mind he let himself relax and fall asleep.

The sleep wasn't deep and he could feel Michael's fingers caressing the skin on his back. It felt like electricity. Like he was slowly but surely charging him up with love and warmth.

That's why when Michael stop Luke wanted to whine and complain but he could feel every muscle in Michael's body tighten and his soft hands had a strong grip on his skin.

"What's wrong?" Luke whispered against Michael's ear. His eyes were still closed but his boyfriend didn't respond so he opened them and looked up.

He immediately noticed what threw Michael off. A group of boys, younger than they were looking at the couple. Not because they adored two boys seeing together.

One of them shouted a slur and Luke literally pushed Michael back down and showed the boys a middle finger. "At least I'm getting some unlike you."

The boy who was so loud a few seconds before blushed and all his friends started laughing before they gathered their things and started running.

Luke smiled and shook his head before looking down.

Michael didn't find the situation as funny as he did. So, he leaned down and kissed him.

They kissed slowly but with love and passion.

Luke kissed Michael until he could feel every muscle relax and when Michael hummed against his lips Luke knew he won. Won over Michael's mind.