may issue ✧ 29

Thank you for reading! Love you! ♡

✧✧✧

He sighed as he took one last look of himself in the mirror.

Michael thought he looked okay. It's not like he cared that much about how he looked but he didn't want his grandmother to think he wasn't presentable.

It was Luke's idea but somehow, he made his own grandparents to leave the house for the entire afternoon. They were amazing, Michael realized and only hoped his own grandmother would be just as sweet even if the situation was a bit more complicated.

His boyfriend was in the kitchen, humming a song to himself and preparing some cookie plates, coffee, and tea for them and their guest.

Michael walked to him and hugged him from behind, his chin fitted perfectly on top of Luke's shoulder.

Luke smiled and leaned into him. "Hi."

As much as he loved being close to Luke it was his scent that always calmed him down. It reminded him of the first time they slept in the same bed and he just couldn't believe how trusting he was towards Michael. That's when he fell in love with him.

Or maybe it was the first time Luke smiled because of him.

"Why couldn't we just meet with her in a coffee shop?"

Luke turned around and kissed the corner of Michael's mouth. "I thought you'd feel more at home here. Less out of place. Also..." The way Luke said that word made Michael's eyes widen. "We can't be sure that your uncle's men aren't following us."

That made him smile. Michael did threaten his uncle he'll call the police if he sees them again so he was pretty sure they weren't. But he still had an amazing boyfriend.

The bell rang five minutes too soon and Michael wasn't ready. He looked at Luke who could clearly see the panic in his eyes. "Do you want me to open the door?" He asked.

Michael nodded.

Luke kissed his lips and then pressed a long kiss against his forehead. "It'll all be okay."

He wasn't sure what to do so he just stood there in the middle of the living room.

Michael could hear Luke talk with someone and then soon enough he came back with an older woman.

She looked just like his mother.

"You look just like your mother." She gasped the moment she saw him and was already tearing up.

He was too shocked to do or say anything.

For a minute they just stood there, Helen tearing up and Luke's eyes on him, waiting for any sign. Positive or negative.

"I'm Michael." He finally whispered. "You look like her too."

She laughed and Michael closed his eyes because she sounded like Karen too. It was the way she used to laugh when he was younger and did stupid things just to make her laugh.

"Should we sit down?" Luke suggested nervously and they did.

Michael and Luke on one side and she on the other side of the coffee table.