february issue ✧ 20

let me know what you think of this story? are you enjoying it? any positive/negative feedback? i feel like I'm either restricting you with the questions at the end or you just don't want to comment that freely anymore. let me know what you think!

✧✧✧

Luke walked around the room and gave each person a piece of paper he and Michael managed to make over the weekend.

For a second Luke even thought about canceling the meeting because he preferred kissing Michael than making a plan for their presentation. Of course, Michael would never allow it so they brought the blanket wall back so they could prepare for it.

When everybody got the printout, Luke sat on Michael's lap.

"I already said hi but I'll say it again. Hi."

Some people smiled and some didn't.

"First, I'd like to thank you for showing interest in writing for the paper. Especially when at the begging of the year it looked like I'll be running the show by myself. So, before we all get to know each other and before I'll talk you through how the school newspaper is brought to life... Does anybody have any questions?"

The youngest of them all, Blake, raised his hand. Luke smiled to him so he'd start talking, he was the one who wanted to be a sports journalist and had the most potential of all the newbies.

"Yeah, will you two always be so touchy-feely? Because I'm aromantic and am not a fan of PDA. I'm not sure if I could work around you two."

Luke smiled. "Like I've mentioned before at the begging of the year it was just me so the principal took a lot of computers and also chairs out of this room. So, I'm sitting on Michael's lap so I don't have to be standing. But I can if it'll make you feel better."

Blake shook his head.

"And if we ever get too touchy-feely just tell us and we'll stop," Michael added with a bit softer voice than Luke's. Blake will have to learn how Luke is around new people but Michael was there to soften the situation.

"Okay, great. We'll quickly go around, just say your name, why did you apply for a spot in the journalism club and why would you idealistically like to do here."

As it turned out a lot of people wanted to apply for the club at the begging of the semester but saw no fliers or contact for them to join. It only took a look between Calum and Luke to come to the mutual decision that the football team probably had something to do with it, since their fliers covered most of the school walks back in September.

Besides Blake, the power couple of the journalism club decided to take Ashton and Calum, of course, but also some students from grades below them since the later will both be leaving school this year. It was Michael's idea but the accepted the self-proclaimed witch because Mr. Abrams told them she was actually really good at writing. Besides horoscope, she wanted to also write about the local mysteries and history.

The last person was not Luke's first choice but it was Michael's. Ally was two years younger than them and lived near Michael. The reason why Luke was against it was that she happened to be Kyle's cousin.

Her application was amazing and she was interested in writing about art and art related topics but Luke was afraid it was a setup. With a few kisses, Michael convinced him otherwise.