Chapter 10 One of Those Nights

Shawn's POV

I let my lips collide with hers as my hand stretched across her chest and pressed into the bed beside her. Her lips were soft against mine and we seemed to be moving in sync.

I wasn't fully aware of what my body was doing but I knew my heart and mind were trying desperately to out run each other at a rapid pace as she let my necklace fall from her hands that were know running through my hair as I began to let my lips fall to her cheek bones.

They trailed down the delicate bones that shaped her face and drew her piercing eyes out from behind the paint drops of freckles beneath her eye lashes. The small dots led me down her cheeks to her smooth neck that was now being adorned in kisses.

"Shawn.." She breathed lightly and I stopped, thinking she was persisting I drifted to lock eyes with hers.

"Do you want me to stop?" I tried to catch my breath.

She answered me by pulling my face back to her lips as I sat up frantically, trying to match her height.

Her arms fell down along mine as I rubbed my thumbs across her waist. Her hands now moved to my shoulders as she broke from my lips and moved to my neck now. I let my head fall into her shoulders as my hands ran up through her hair, gently running my fingers from the auburn locks down to her back as I felt her damp lips kiss my jaw line, leading her across the pa painted onto my face, to my lips.

I kissed her once more before I felt myself pull away. So did she.

Her hands still on my neck, I cupped her face.

"Astrid, I-" I started but she stopped me.

She shook her head slowly. "It's okay I understand." She let her hands fall from me as she pulled back from me, leaving me confused. I didn't want to stop.

"Astrid," I caught her hand before it slipped under the covers, "I didn't want to stop kissing you."

I confessed.

"Then what?" She squeezed my hand that was holding hers tightly.

I shuffled closed to her. I liked it that way.

"I want to know you, really know you before I-"

"Dive into the unknown?" She finished for me.

I nodded slowly. "Yes and no," I needed to tell her. "I guess what I'm saying is I mean I was happy you kissed me because the truth is I've wanted to kiss you."

Her mouth dropped open slightly.

"For awhile." I finally said.

"You've been, thinking bout kissing me?" She bit her lip and I wanted to kiss her again. So I did.

We moved together before I pulled away again.

"I'm sorry I," she shook her head. "I mean what I'm saying is maybe I've been thinking about kissing you-"

"You don't do anything naughty whilst doing that, mendes?" She ruffled my hair and we laughed.

"Don't flatter yourself." I winked at her as she smiled and leaned back into the pillows.

"I mean what I'm saying is, I don't think I should rush into something and I don't think you should either because there's a lot to think about I mean we've only just met and you know more about me than most people do, but, I just want to know you and be friends-"

"Shawn," she interrupted sitting up. "I understand and I agree. We weren't fully aware of everything and I mean alcohol..but I'd love to be friends-good friends." She put her had to my chin and raised my head. I smiled at her.

"So do we forget this?" I ventured. She shook her head and pulled her hair behind her ear. I bit my lip.

"I think there are things in life that are meant to be forgotten and there are things that we are me at to remember and smile at," she stood from the bed. "I want to remember this."

"Me too." I reached out and let my hand brush hers. She smiled back at me.

"Good," she opened the door. "I'm going to find a shower and get cleaned up so this doesn't get out of control."

I sat up and walked over to her. Our height difference allowed me to plant a kiss on her forehead effortlessly. "Okay, do you want me to take you to Taryn's after?"

She threw her head back and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Take me home instead, that way I can just say I came home late from studying, keep us in the clear."

I buried my chin in her hair. "Sounds good," I pulled away and pulled the door open. "I'll get ready."

She smiled as she slipped out the door. I closed it behind her and leaned against it.

I knew I had that school boy in love look plastered on my lips but my lips had touched hers and she had touched back so I let the grin turn into a smile.

I've never smiled so widely. This was going to go well. I knew I wanted it to last but I didn't know if I was capable.

Suddenly the sting of my swollen lip from Daemon came back into mind.

"No one touches her." I mumbled as I sat on the bed.

She's mine.