73

My eyes fluttered open as I woke up from a nap I didn't even know I took. I had no recollection of when I fell asleep.

My eyes darted to the clock on my wall and I saw that I slept for two and a half hours.

I sat up and rubbed my belly, feeling my beautiful baby wake up with me. I smiled at thought of finally meeting my baby in a couple months.

I looked around and there was no sign of Michael anywhere. Not only was I beginning to feel a rush of guilt take over me over what I let Michael do to me a couple hours ago but I also felt guilty for hating that I didn't wake up with him still laying next to me.

I dragged myself out of bed, slipped my feet into some slippers and made my way out of the room.

As I walked out of my room, I heard faint sounds of talking coming from downstairs. One of the voices sounded exactly like Michael's.

He's still here.

An involuntary smile touched my lips and butterflies began to flutter all through my insides.

What is wrong with me?

As I made it down the final steps, I heard Lauren shush both Michael and Trevor. Their talking turned into complete silence.

"Just let me handle it," I heard what was clearly Shad's voice.

I walked through the living room and turned into the kitchen, "what are you guys rambling ab—"

The smile on my face disappeared as quick as a blink.

"Sash, before you say anything, let me explain what's going on," Shad approached me.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" I looked at Elise then at Michael who avoided eye contact with me but seemed really pissed.

"If you let me talk, you'll know why she's here," Shad huffed.

"She can't speak for herself?" I glared at her. "You her lawyer or something?"

Elise was on the brink of crying. "Sasha, I—"

"Aht, aht," I snapped at her. "No one asked you to talk. . ." I looked back at Shad, "go ahead and explain."

"Don't be rude, Sash," Shad raised a brow. "Anyway, a few months back Elise came here to explain something to you, right?" I rolled my eyes and nodded before he continued. "She was trying to tell both of you," he turned to Michael then back to me, "something that, in my opinion, should've been brought to everyone's attention sooner, but her life and her babies lives were at risk."

"And what is that?" I asked, looking at Elise.

"I. . ." She took a deep sigh, "I've been trying to tell you that Jermaine has been threatening and abusing me ever since he found out I was pregnant for Michael." She had tears streaming from her eyes. I furrowed my brows, studying her as she spoke. "Every time I'd come close to telling you and Michael, somehow he'd find out through a tracker he had on me and he'd threaten to beat me. Even threatened to kill me several times."

I looked over at Michael who was seething with rage. I felt horrible about what she went through but that did not remove any of my skepticism.

"Why would Jermaine want to hurt you? I'm confused." I tilted my head.

"The same reason why he was trying to hurt anyone close to Michael." She replied. "He wanted to hurt Michael in any way he possibly could."

"See, if you had just sat down and minded your business and not go sleep with a man who was already in a relationship, Jermaine wouldn't know you, you wouldn't be pregnant and you'd be living your best life right now," Lauren said before walking out of the kitchen.