C7 : Taken

Tyler's POV

It had been what seemed like almost a day since Lucifer went to see the woman who they called Lady Alina. And when they were back, I swore the Guards almost threw fücking confetti.

They had their arms linked together and Lucifer looked like the happiest man alive. The woman who stood beside him was astonishingly beautiful. Her hair flowed elegantly and her smile brighter than the sun.

They were both laughing at what I guessed was a joke because they were both laughing so happily.

I felt a pang of jealousy but I shoved that crap aside. That guy must be right, I must've been a false. Lucifer is right, they must've made some sort of mistake.

When Lucifer's eyes met mine, he quickly looked away and led the lady up into his room. I went back to mine.

I sat on bed with Mabel and Ella by my side.

"You okay?" Ella asked.

I laughed bitterly, "Why wouldn't I be?"

Ella looked away, sad.

I may have known them for a day, but it felt like I've known them for eternity.

"We were the maids of Lady Alina. The real lady Alina. She was gorgeous and I could actually see the resemblance between you and her. I just don't get why you're male." Mabel said. But she quickly added "sorry! I didn't mean it that way" when she say how my face contorted into a unpleasant mood.

"We always get females. It is to carry on the tradition of hell. Without a female...  That means there'd be no heir. Without an heir, that's the end of hell. It's a cycle. And you broke it." Mabel continued.

I sat there quietly, not really paying attention to Mabel. My mind drifted to the woman and Lucifer. I wonder what they're doing now.

"You should get some rest. It's late." Ella said. Mabel nodded in agreement.

"I don't think I'm tired, can we walk along the streets?" I asked, I didn't want to be alone, not now.

"Outside the castle?" Ella asked.

I nodded, "yeah."

Mabel and Ella exchanges glances and then Ella suddenly exclaimed. "The Festival!"

Mabel suddenly looked very very excited and the both of them squealed.

"Every year, a week before the full moon, the people would start a festival in honour of the full moon and to welcome the new queen of hell. It's usually the first full moon where she officially becomes queen. The festival lasts for a week and there are always lots of games and food! It also closes at like 4 in the morning." Mabel explained.

"Yeah let's do that." I said as I stood up.

Mabel and Ella immediately went to grab me a coat. "It's chilly," they said.

I shouldn't start getting used to this. Who knows I might be on the streets the next day.

The guards let the three of us out without any fuss, surprisingly and I was greeted with colourful and bright lights. It really looked like a festival.

The streets were bustling with people and I spot little children playing at what seemed like a pond.

I walked towards them and squatted next to them. The kids seemed to spot me and they all smiled. "It's the next queen!" They squealed.

"But a queen is for a girl!" A little girl shouted.

"Then he's king! We have two kings!" A boy yelled.