C19 : Eyes

Lucifer's POV

While Noah was resting, Chris and I sat in my office. He was staring at documents, I was clenching my first and staring at his documents.

"Red and blue. I've never heard of it before. Mismatched eyes? Definitely rare." Chris said.

"But why did it suddenly change? He was unconscious after giving birth for a week and then his eyes changed colour." Chris states again.

"Before Noah woke up, you said you found something. What is it?" I asked again, brows furrowed.

"Oh shit! I forgot about that!" He stood up abruptly.

"You would never believe it."

I stared at him, "what?"

"His mom, she was the princess of Heaven."

——————————

"Holy shit." I cursed.

"That makes him the next in line, right? Angels have green eyes. Royalty in Heaven, they have blue eyes. Royalty in Hell, they have red eyes." At this point, I was mumbling garbage. I didn't know what I was saying.

"That's impossible." I deduced.

"Heaven and Hell never crossed paths, remember? Even if we did, it was only for war." I said. Chris nodded and sat back down.

"But why can't he remember anything?" Chris asked.

"To hell if I know." I cursed again.

"That means even our oldest elder doesn't know. Nobody knows." Chris whispered.

"Nobody but Noah himself."

——————————

Noah's POV

I was in a dream. I didn't know where I was. Earth? It can't be, people were mixing with demons and angels even.

Demons and angels were drinking coffee together.

Demons and humans were linking arms.

Humans and angels were laughing happily together.

And then I saw someone, too familiar. Way, way too familiar.

It was me. In the human age, I was probably 4 or 5.

I was holding hands with an angel and a devil.

"Mama! Up up!" I was giggling, so happy. The devil chuckled, "You're too big for mama, come here." The devil picked me up and I giggled.

"Am I a big boy now?" The little me asked.

The angel nodded, "Mama's boy is growing so well."

As we walked about, people bowed and we bowed back.

"My Princess, My prince, hello little munchkin." People would greet.

I would wave back with a bright smile, in the arms of the devil.

Suddenly, I was in another dream.

War, chaos.

The angel I called mother was being pulled away from the devil I called dad. They were holding onto each other so tight, I was crying my eyes out, trying to clutch onto my mother.

But at the end, we were separated and I was in the arms of the devil again.

I was about 13 now, I was living with my human parents. We were laughing about a magic show that was playing on television.

Mum went to prepare dinner and dad started talking to me about how school was going.

He ruffled my white hair and kissed my forehead. "It'll be better soon." Was what he told me.

"Yes baby, you're special." That's what Momma would say across the kitchen.

I jerked awake, covered in sweat. I look around. I was in our room, covered in blankets and panting heavily. My legs felt like jelly when I attempted to stand.

Lucifer I called out.

He was in the room instantly.

I didn't know why, but I started sobbing.

"I'm sorry."

Because I knew, if he found out who I really was, he might leave me.

How could a devil love an angel?

————————

"What's wrong baby?" Lucifer asked, worried.

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed.

"I- I'm not human.." I whispered.

"I know." Was his immediate response.

My head snapped up, my eyes widened, cheeks stained with tears.

"I know baby, and it's okay, why are you sorry? You're my mate. You're mine." Lucifer rubbed his thumbs across my cheeks, wiping my tears.

"I don't care what you are, I love you. Luciano and I, both, we love you." He ensured, rubbing soothing circles on my cheeks.

Chris entered the room after awhile. "Hey, it's okay," Chris frowned.

I nodded "it's okay." I repeated.

We sat together in a circle.

"Your blue eyes is because you're the next heir to the throne in Heaven. Red eyes is because you're Lucifer's mate." Chris explained. "But we don't understand how.."

"I- I know.." I whispered. "I had a dream..no, more like memories." I started. "I was the child of the princess of heaven and a devil. We were living together on earth then. I was around 4, in the human age. Something happened, war, Mom was separated from us. I was then brought back to Hell. Things happened and I was thrown back to earth. My dad erased my memories because I became a troublemaker.. I was upset that I didn't have a mother like everyone else." I explained.

"That explains it." Chris nodded. "Well, kiddo, I mean not really kiddo, but still, kiddo, it'll be okay."

I smiled slightly.

"What about your kingdom?" Chris asked again. Lucifer nodded and looked at me for an answer.

"I'm going to take over it. And I'm going to merge with you," I looked at Lucifer with confirmation.

He nodded with a smile.

"And then I'm going to merge back with Earth. I'm going to make them believe in you again. Believe in us. And I want everyone to live together, I'm harmony. Just like we were before." I was determined, I didn't even know where I got this new-found confidence from.

But I was liking it.

Chris grinned. "I'll be waiting for that day, kiddo."

"I will be too." Lucifer said as he kissed my forehead.

We hugged. Chris grumbled about us always doing PDA in front of him and how single he is.

———————————

A/N

Ideas are flowing in. I intend to make a book two for this, about Xander ;D, it's still gonna be BxB so MAJOR SPOILERS!!!

I hope y'all enjoyed this!