C16 : Promise

Tyler's POV

Sitting in front of this man who seemed no older than 20 (in the human world), felt so intimidating. He was staring right into my soul.

"Noah." He spoke.

I grimaced at the name.

"Expected reaction." He joked, his face not changing from his serious one.

Weirdo.

"I know you're thinking I'm a weirdo." He spoke again.

Wait how did he-

"No I don't read minds." He chuckled.

"Sorry, my face looks like that because I'm analysing you. It's a special power." He tapped his head twice, and then smiled at me.

He looked a lot friendlier.

"Good afternoon, my king." He bowed at Lucifer who gave him a curt nod.

"I see you're pregnant," he noted. I nodded and rubbed my tummy. Lucifer held my hand and looked at George.

"George, let's gets this done with. My mate is pregnant. He needs his rest."

George nodded.

"Hold his hands, it might be a teeny bit scary." He grinned as he stood up. He placed his hands above my head and I instantly felt something like an electric shock.

I shut my eyes instantly, squeezing it tightly. I could see flashes of pictures rolling out like a movie in front of me. I could slowly remember things. I remember the consequence I had after I placed frogs in everyone's locker — suspension.

I remember the nights I'd cry myself to sleep in the orphanage, hiding in the corner beside the fridge, so nobody would see me. Because I didn't want anyone to think I was weak. I was 375 then.

I remember when I had friends in school and we'd skip classes together.

I remember. I remember. I remember.

I wasn't Tyler Lavin. I am Noah Tyler Davis.

I tried to see all the images flashing around me but I suddenly felt so tired.

I fell into darkness.

—————————

Waking up was the worst thing ever, my head pounded and my eyes hurt. Lucifer was by my side in seconds. "How're you feeling baby," he caressed my cheeks.

"I'm okay, I remember everything." I didn't know why, but I started to cry. The tears rolled down my cheeks and Lucifer pulled me close.

He ran his fingers through my hair and rubbed soothing circles on my back. I hiccuped band hiccuped, but stopped when I calmed down.

"It's okay, you've got me." Lucifer pecked my forehead. I nodded.

"Would you like if I called you Noah?" Lucifer asked.

"Yes.. that's the real me." I whispered. He nodded, "Everything's okay, baby. We will start over, you'd give birth to a beautiful boy, and we'd have another, regardless the gender. We'd live together Everyday, they'd run all over as you cook dinner. And I'd scold them when they knocked something over." I giggled softly.

"That sounds nice," I whispered again, smiling now.

"I love you, Noah." He kisses me.

I kissed him back.

"I love you too."

But our happiness was short-lived when something loud exploded outside. Lucifer whipped his head around and looked out the window.

Angels.

At the same time someone barged into the room, Jace and Dan.

"Tyler, my King, hurry! You must go. We have sent out warriors to guard the castle but it isn't safe here. We sent most to the city to protect the citizens." Dan held onto my hands.

Lucifer stared at me then back outside. "My people needs me. Take Noah to the safe house. You two stay with him. If I see any strand of hair missing, you're dead" he threatened.

Dan and Jace nodded.

My brain processed what he was saying and I struggled against Dan. "No! You said we'll stay together!" I screamed.

"Yes, baby. Baby listen to me," he caressed my cheeks again. "Babe, look outside, there's war. I'm king. I have a duty, but I'm not that weak. You trust me right?" He placed his hands on top of my heart.

I nodded, tears streaming down my face.

He took something out from the drawer beside our bed, and he pulled out a ring, I choked on a sob. "Keep this." He placed it on my hands.

I gave it back.

"No. You'll come back to me. You will kneel down and you'd propose to me. You will come back and do that. You hear me?" I voiced out harshly, just to prove my point.

He chuckled. He made a chain appear with his powers and hooked the ring on the chain. He put it on. He made another and took another ring out of the box, the one I'd put on him. He put the necklace on for me.

"We'll both come out alive and unharmed and we'd put those ring on our fingers, that's our promise." He kissed me.

I nodded and kissed him back.

"Go." He commanded both Dan and Jace.

I held the necklace with my hand.

The wings on my back grew and I flew away with Dan and Jace.

My wings were also symbolised our mating. I tried to call myself down and took deep breathes.

"Believe in him a little. We had battles before, this time we are just a little more careful because you're pregnant." Jace said as he flew beside me.

I nodded.

Jace and Dan used the route where the angels have not attacked yet. We arrived, unharmed.

Children, the elderly and woman were all in the room. There were Guards around and a storage room. It was underground so it was obvious and was huge. There were soldiers and the door and scattered around the room, mostly near the pregnant and the children.

"Tyty!" I heard. Theo. I whipped my head around and saw Theo and his grandmother. I smiled sadly, he ran to me and hugged my legs. "Is everything going to be okay?" He asked.

And at that point many people started to talk, expressing their worries.

"Are we getting out of here?"
"What's going on?"
"Will we be okay?"
"Will everything be okay?"

And as Queen, I suddenly felt a sense of responsibility so I spoke, with the most commanding voice I could, and with the most reassuring sounds I could.

"Let's all believe in our soldiers and our warriors. Let's all believe in our king. We will be okay. Let's all wish them well. Many of these people are our family, and our friends, we should have more faith in them. They can do it. We must brave through too."

People were staring at me, I noted.

For a moment I felt like digging a whole and die. But then someone in the crowd shouted "he's right." And everyone nodded.

Everyone sat down in silence when they calmed down. The soldiers gave out bread with jam for dinner. Although it was little, nobody complained and I was Glad they didn't.

Theo snuggled close to me with his grandma beside him.

I placed my hands together and begged that everyone would be okay.

I held up the ring and kissed it. "We promised." I whispered.