😖After The Battle😣

It was a sad day for all the packs who participated in the fight. Everyone had someone they were morning for. A mother, for her mate, an Alpha for lives lost and not the least prayers for their pack Luna to be alright.
It was the fight of the century. Caleb leapt forward toward his enemy. He wanted blood for all the danger and hell the Rogue alpha put his pack though, and for threntening his mate, on multiple accounts. Strong powerful snarls filled the air as both alpha's went at is thrashing and slashing at eachother. The two were matched equally, as Caleb let his wolf take control. It was a fight of a lifetime the raged on for a few hours.
In the end of the battle Caleb saw a weakness in the old alpha and when for it. Grabbing onto the mans neck, the man pushed at Caleb's stomach. He could taste the blood rush to fill his mouth, and it tasted amazing. This terrible man was going to be dead and not cause no more problems for his pack and his mate, a sure win today. Caleb thrashed his head side to side viciously tearing through the rogue's throat. Stepping back to watch the life drain out of the vile wolf, blood filled his neck as his heart was trying to pump blood for survival
After hearing the man choke on his own blood, the alpha made not sound, not to move, or to take in a breath the wolf was gone.
Kara was currently laying in a hospital bed in critical condition. The blade placed against her neck was silver, and when it cut into Kara's neck it caused an infection.
Her skin was pale white and no color in her cheeks. Her body looked lifeless. After all the motions her body was put through the other day, her body was in need to relax.

As their Luna layed in a hospital bed, the pack was preparing for the honors ceremony of the fallen. This is one of the many wolves sacred rituals, to reunite a soul with their creator.
The back yard of the pack, was being showered with the bodies of the fallen, as pack members brought the body of their beloved pack mate to the middle. Everyone was laid out in the position they had within the pack from warrior, squire through junior. As the sun was setting everyone available started making their way to the backyard.
-----------------
She behaved so stupidly, Caleb thought to himself. She always have to protect someone even if, her life is put in danger.
Caleb's hand rested on top of Kara's as she laid in the bed motionless. Standing up he landed over her body.
"Come back to me, mate. We were making so much progress. This cannot be how your life ends." His voices cracked.
In his feelings over his hurt mate, Caleb did not hear, someone open the door.
"Alpha, everything is ready." Walker the beta said.
Leaning down and placing a soft meaningful kiss to Kara's forehead, Caleb muttered the words l love you before exiting the room. The honors ceremony was not an event to be taken lightly. It was started when the first shifter were created. Not only were you expected to dress the part, their was certain words that had to be recited during the event.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we a gathered here to put to rest our beloved warriors, and most certainly our pack mates. Tonight we say goodbye. Goodbye to the beautiful life they lived, Goodbye to the way they fought till the death for their pack. Widows our heart are out here for you in your time of need and pain. Let's ponder the good memories we have of the fallen, and not let this night be one of crying, but one of laughter as we celebrate their lives."
The crowd of pack members looked on as Caleb was speaking. Cubs clinched to their mother's, and the women whipped tears from their eyes trying to be positive.
"As we lay to rest our fellow members, we set them ablaze to return to their mother. Mother of the moon, help guide them home"
With those final words, the next ranking member of the pack the beta, set the first body on fire. It was a ripple affect as the bodies caught flame.
At this moment, the pack was silent. No whimpering, sniffling, nothing. The only.thing that could be heard was the outside nature and the flames. It was tradition for the pack to stand their and look on as their former packmembers met the moon, and they stood their with the smell of burning flesh in the air as the last flame on the last body slowly burned out.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry about the chapter being short. These updates to the book is really putting everything together. I hope your enjoyed the chapter. -Livi_love25