Chapter 1

(Y/N POV)

Surprise, Surprise.

I stared at my reflection the the mirror, not blinking.

A thousand thoughts were flying through my mind, most of them sending me into nervous panic.

About ten minutes earlier, I had just submitted my video audition for a new Netflix TV show, called 'Umbrella Academy'. I didn't know what to think about it, but I was anxious to find out what they would think of me.

If I didn't get in, I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket, and swiped through my apps. Pulling up IMessage, I sent a text to my friends.

Tricycle Groupchat

(Me, Amelia, Marcus)

Me

Really stressed rn

Anyone free to come over?

Amelia

Yeah

I'm with Marcus

Marcus

Duh

Me

hM okay

Just hurry up before I die

Amelia

Whatever you say sista

Read: 7:55pm

Amelia and Marcus started dating in sixth grade, and I guess they liked each other enough to keep that bond up until Junior year. I'm a freshman myself, and yet I've never really found that 'special person'.

They didn't show up for another ten minutes, but I didn't mind. Just seeing their faces walk in the door calmed me down.

"How's my favorite little kid," Marcus said, giving me a high five, "still struggling with high school?"

"For your information," I said back, "I have all A's and a perfect GPA."

"I don't get you sometimes. you're too smart."

"It's not always about intelligence, sometimes you have to pay attention in class."

Marcus was a school legend. He managed to fall asleep everyday in math class his sophomore year, and still manage to get a B.

"Stop bothering my sister," Amelia said, smacking him on the head.

I smiled. Amelia's my step sister, but she lives with her mother a couple blocks down. She seems more like a best friend than a relation most of the time.

"So what's up," she asked, setting her bag on the couch, "why are you so stressed?"

"I auditioned for something today, and I don't think I'm good enough to get in.... the suspense is killing me."

"That's just your conscience, I think. I wouldn't worry about it."

"Easier said than done."

She rolled her eyes at me, and patted the cushion next to her for me to sit down. Marcus wandered into the kitchen, probably to empty my fridge of its items.

"When do you find out?" She asked, "if you got in, I mean."

"Three days till, they send out the callbacks."

"That's not to long, so don't make a big deal of it."

I groaned, and shoved my face into a pillow. Amelia never found acting interesting, so she never felt the pressure of auditions. I didn't blame her.

"Well I'm going to find Marcus," she said, "I'll be right back."

..........

3 Days Later

My fingers tapped against my desk, my head spinning. The teacher was droning on about some sort of quadratic equation, but I wasn't paying attention to any of it.

I was doodling a picture of Amelia in my notebook, when my phone buzzed.

Mom

Hey

I'm sorry

Me

For what

Mom

I got an email from the agency

You didn't get called back

My heart fell, and I turned off my phone. All of the stress I kept inside of me this week disappeared. I was more disappointed than ever, unhappiness boiling inside of me. My mother's words kept running through my head.

I didn't get in.