Chapter 24

(Y/N POV)

It's just another day.

"I thought you guys came together?" Aidan said, taking a sip out of his drink.

"We did...." I mumbled, "I have no clue where she went. She was right behind me!"

"Typical."

"What do you mean typical?!"

He laughed, and twisted the cap back onto his water bottle. He set it down on the step beneath him, and turned his gaze back to me.

"Not you," he said, "Nina. She usually disappears on a daily basis."

"But she doesn't know her way around the park! She could get lost!"

"She'll be fine."

"I'm going to look for her."

"No, stay with me! I don't want to be alone!"

"Well Nina's alone. I'll be right back."

I spun on my heels and set off from the makeup trailer. I could almost hear Aidan sigh as I walked away, but the worry I had for Nina was more than my desire to hang out with him.

"Where the heck would she go?" I muttered to myself, searching the premise.

I started to head towards the food court, but then I remembered the conversation we had earlier. Nina said she'd drop her stuff off in Aidan's trailer, so I started to head there instead.

I didn't know how she'd be able to find her way there, since the trailers all looked the same, but I had hope she figured it out. Maybe she used the map?

As I hopped up the steps of Aidan's trailer, I lifted up the latch and swung open the door. My heart dropped when I realized she wasn't inside. As i turned around to head back to the makeup trailer, I noticed Cameron was leaning against the steps.

"Hey," he said, "Are you looking for Nina?"

"As a matter of fact, I am."

"She ran into Eden a couple minutes ago, and they went to the food court."

"Really? Gah, I was just about to go there."

Cameron laughed, a pushed himself upright. I jumped off the top step and started walking alongside him, both of us in no hurry.

"You ditched yesterday," he said, "did Aidan get his rice cakes?"

"Yeah. But he overslept this morning, so I had to go pick up Nina."

"Yikes. I had a feeling something like that would happen."

"Why?"

"Aidan usually falls asleep in the middle of running a scene because he's so tired. I'd assume he'd oversleep at one point."

"Oh."

I decided to lead us down a different path, one avoiding the makeup trailer. I didn't want Aidan to break out into another one of his mood swings if he saw me with Cameron.

As we neared the food court, a man came running towards me at full speed. I flinched, and put up my arms in defense as I prepared for sudden impact. But it never came. I opened my eyes and saw a familiar face staring down at me.

"Robert?"

He grinned at me happily, jumping up and down with excitement. I had no clue why, but I was interested to know why this adult I've known for a couple minutes was so excited to see me.

"Aidan's looking for you," he said.

"That's it?"

"Yeah. That's it."

I was surprised. Why was Robert so excited about Aidan needing me? I was his assistant, so it wasn't anything special.

"Okay," I mumbled, "I'll be back in a second."

I waved a good bye to Cameron, and told him to tell Nina to meet me back at the trailer. I store off in the direction of the Makeup department, my head running through the possibilities of what Aidan could want. Water, rice cakes, ice cream, lunch?

As soon as I reached my destination, I jumped up the stairs and swung open the door. The walls were white, although they were covered with posters advertising different movies. It reeked of hairspray and powder, so I scrunched up my nose at the smell.

"Y/N!" Aidan said happily, "glad to know Robert found you!"

I smiled half heartedly, put off by Aidan's strange behavior. He was smiling from ear to ear, his clog camera in his hand. Why was his blog camera in his hand? It was in the trailer a second ago.

"What do you need?" I asked, "something to drink?"

"No, I don't need anything."

"Why did you call me?"

"Come here."

"Why?"

"No reason."

I sent him a suspicious glare, but sauntered over to the boy. He was sitting in a light green spinning chair, his legs on top in a criss-cross. He fumbled with some buttons on his camera, before pointing it at my face.

"What are you doing?" I said, blocking my face with my hand, "please don't record me."

"Live a little, the lighting looks good on you."

"Don't lie to me, I can see my reflection in the mirror!"

"Then you should see how pretty you are! Now please look at the camera!"

"I'm not doing it."

"Fine."

He set down the tripod, and sighed in disappointment. He made Robert come get me, just so he could take a video of me? Something didn't seem right, but I was in no hurry to find out why. Maybe I was overreacting, and Aidan was just trying to film another YouTube video.

Aidan set down his camera on the counter in front of him, and looked at me in a strange way. I couldn't figure out what he was thinking, and it set me on edge.

"Should I go now, or do you still need me?" I asked.

"You can go. Did you find Nina?"

"Yeah."

"Oh okay."

I nodded politely, and stepped out into the fresh air. Robert, Nina, and Cameron were standing outside; I walked up to them in suspicion.

"Why are you guys standing around out here?" I asked, "don't you have places to be?"

None of them answered, and I raised an eyebrow in suspicion. It was like they were waiting for something; I had no clue what was going on. I shook my head and made a beeline for Aidan's trailer, nothing on my mind but a cup of hot chocolate.

Maybe I'm being paranoid.