Chapter 8

.....

If  y'all thought this book was just cute, you're mistaken

......

(Y/N POV)

Tell me what you want.

My back sunk into the fluffy pillows, and I let out a sigh of relaxation. Aidan and I had piled a bunch of blankets and couch cushions onto the floor, making the best fort in the world.

"I put vegan butter on it," he said, setting down a popcorn bowl, "I can make a new batch if you want?"

"I like butter on my popcorn!"

"Me too!"

"I'd assume that," I inquired, "you did put it on in the first place."

Aidan shot me a look of playful offense, and scooped a handful of the salty treat in his mouth. Grabbing the remote, he pressed play on the waiting movie.

Halfway through, I felt something brush against my hand. Glancing to the side, I saw Aidan sending me a goofy smile. His hand was almost on top of mine, but we weren't holding them together.

"What?" I asked, "why are you looking at me like that?"

He shrugged, and narrowed his eyes. His lips widened out into a smirk, and he raised his eyebrows.

"Nothing," he said, "you totally didn't smile like an idiot when I touched your hand."

I grabbed a pillow from beneath me, and chucked it at his face. He fell on his side from the hit, and laughed.

"That's because I love this movie," I said, "I was smiling at the TV, not YOU."

"That's what you want me to believe."

"Why were you even touching my hand in the first place?!"

"Because I wanted to see how you'd react!"

"That's not a valid reason!"

I stuck out my bottom lip, and turned my gaze back to the movie in front of me. Aidan had moved his hand back to his side, but I was almost tempted to reach out and put it back.

Not because I liked him or anything.

I tried my best to forget about what happened, but I kept thinking about how soft his hands were. It was almost surprising for a boy who played guitar that much, because they'd usually have rough palms.

But his were soft. Really soft.

My stomach almost fluttered at the thought of holding his hand, but I pushed that to the back of my mind. I had only just met him, so feelings probably were just getting mixed up.

........

Bzzz Bzzz

My eyes opened slowly, trying to adjust to the darkness.

Bzzz Bzzz

Someone's phone was buzzing, and it definitely wasn't mine. I searched around the room for the lit up screen, and spotted it plugged into the wall across from me.

I didn't realize I had fallen asleep in Aidan's room, so I flinched when I saw his figure sprawled out on the floor next to me.

Bzzz Bzzz

I groaned, and tried to stand up on my feet. Why was his ringer on? Don't people turn theirs off in the night time, so it doesn't wake them up?

I stumbled through the dimly lit room, and picked up his phone from the ground. Flicking the ringer off, I set it back down and turned to go back.

Until something caught my eye.

I pressed on the home button of his device, and watched as the notification appeared on the screen in front of me.

My stomach dropped.

Love of my Life

I miss you Bb, can't wait till I see you again <<<<<<33333