Chapter 5

(Y/N POV)

I knew that this was different from the start.

I clicked the lock of Aidan's trailer, and swung open the narrow door. Everything was the color of a slice of bread, not to mention that it smelled like it too. I slung my backpack off of my shoulder, and set it down next to the thin couch crammed next to the wall.

There was a thin mirror stuck onto the closet door, and next to it was a vanity table. Those cliche circle lights were flashing brightly into my eyes.

My eyes perked up when I noticed something propped up against the wall. Aidan's stuff was shoved away in a pile, mostly sweaters and backpacks, but something else of his caught my eyes.

A sleek black camera was sitting on it's tri-stand, the lens covered up by a black case. It was a vlog camera, the type I've seen people use on youtube.

Did Aidan have a youtube account?

I raised my eyebrows at the thought, and left to go find him. His schedule said he'd be getting his makeup done in the south trailer, so I plugged in my headphones and skipped the way there.

"You're new to this aren't you?"

My eyes gravitated to a tall woman in front of me, who was giving me a soft smile. She looked about 60 years old, but really good for her age.

"Oh- yeah," I said, taking out my earbuds, "today's my first day."

"You look really young to be working at a job like this," she said, "did you graduate early, or did you find the fountain of youth?"

"Neither, I'm just here for job experience. It's required by my school."

"I see. Can I offer you advice?"

I nodded. I'm sure a little help wouldn't hurt, especially since this woman seemed like she had a lot of experience as a cast assistant.

"Get yourself a satchel," she said, "preferably a durable one that will last years."

She held up a brown leather bag, which was filled to the brim filled with almost everything I could think of. Band-aids, tissues, cough drops, headphones, safety pins, and I'm pretty sure I even saw a granola bar down there.

"Woah," I responded, "that's a really good idea."

She smiled, and placed the bag back by her side. Then she shuffled through it, and pulled out a bottle of Voss water.

"Here, you'll need this," she said, "cast members usually get thirsty after being in the makeup trailer. It's all the powder and hairspray."

I took the bottle from her hand, and flinched when I realized it was cold. How the heck was there ice in it? I thought these things were bottled?!

"Don't worry, I put the water in a freezer overnight to keep them cold. That's why there's ice," she explained.

Just at that moment, a tall man with a beard and a goatee stepped out of the trailer. He glanced at me, did a double take, and then smiled.

"Hey," he said, holding out a hand, "I'm Robert."

I shook it, and tried to recall his character in the TV show. Klaus Hargreeves, I think? Why was he talking to me, I don't know.

"I'm Y/N," I said, "Nice to meet you."

"You're Aidan's assistant, right?" he asked.

"Yep."

"He wouldn't shut up about you in there. All good things, though."

I stepped back in surprise. This was little unusual to hear, especially since I had only just met the kid.

"What?" I questioned, "what did he say?"

"He was just excited to be your friend. According to him, you would be his movie buddy."

"Movie buddy?"

"Yeah. Out of the 57 applicants, or something, you were the only one that said you liked romantic comedies."

I stifled a giggle. Is that why Aidan asked about what I thought about romcoms two days ago?

"Looking forward to it," I said.

Robert waved goodbye, and walked off with that woman I was talking to earlier. That was a strange conversation, but for some reason it made me happy. Eerily happy. Why was I so happy?!

I heard the trailer door swing open, and Aidan hopped down the steps. His hair was gelled back, and it looked like he was wearing blush. Hehe.

"Hey Y/N," he said, "you like my makeup?"

"You look beautiful."

I handed him the water bottle, and he beamed again. Maybe the lady was right, he was thirsty.

"How did you know I needed water?" he asked, "the hairspray dried out my throat!"

He took a sip out of the bottle, and let out a refreshing sigh. Like one of those coke commercials.

"Taste like a fresh mountain," he said, "so refreshing."

"How do you know what a fresh mountain tastes like?!" I said, alarmed.

He smiled again, his dimples framing his face.

"Don't ask," he said, "long story."

A/N: yeah I don't drink coffee, so excuse that whole 'black coffee' mistake in the last chapter :)

I am uneducated in the ways of le caffeine