Chapter 29

(Y/N POV)

East side of the city.

I felt like I was living in a nightmare.

Aidan was sitting on the couch, his head in his hands in anger. I could almost feel the pain radiating off of him, and it scared me intensely. I wanted to say something, but I was frozen to my spot.

"Why didn't you tell me," he said, his voice breaking.

It was almost unbearable how sad he sounded. I wanted to drop everything and give him a hug, but I knew I would never have the right to do that again. I found myself cursing my bad luck, wishing I could go back and time and tell him the truth.

"I was scared," I said softly, "I didn't want to hurt you."

He looked up from his palms, and turned to face me. His eyes were stained with tears, and he lips were pressed into a frown. All I wanted at the moment was to see him smile at me, but he seemed like he forgot how.

"You're scared of me?" He said, wiping his eyes dry.

"No, Aidan that's not what I mea-"

"You are. Don't lie to me," he scowled, "you've been scared of me this whole time?"

"No-"

"Is that why you've been avoiding me? Is that why you're leaving?"

I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out of my throat. My brain was telling me to deny it, but for some reason I knew he was right. I had been tiptoeing around him everyday, scared he'd lash out in jealousy or rage again.

I was scared.

And I'm ashamed to admit it.

"Just leave," he spat out, "you make me sick."

At this point I didn't even bother to fight back. I was too worn down with everything that was happening, so I threw his coffee on the ground and watched as it splattered open.

The floor was stained in the liquid mess, but I didn't care at all. I ran out of the trailer, trying to get the sting in my eyes to go away. I wasn't going to cry. Not for him. Not for anyone.

But it ended up being too much. I felt the salty tears falling down my cheeks, but I wiped them away in haste. I knew people were looking at me running down the empty lot, but my brain was focused on everything but them.

I ran all the way back to the hotel, not stopping along the way for a break. Once I reached my room, I broke down into a fit. I started shoving everything in my suitcase, standing in a pool of my own tears. I didn't know how much it would hurt to hear Aidan say those words, and it made me want to scream.

You make me sick.

Did he really mean that? My breathing was heavy as I grabbed my stuff and hurried out of the room, stumbling over my own feet. I got down to the lobby and checked out of my room, managing to catch a cab along the way.

I don't know what I was doing, and I don't know why I was doing it.

I didn't want to be in Toronto anymore, and I wanted to be home more than everything. Yesterday everything was fine, but now it seems out of control. No one would miss me here anyways, so leaving early was for the best.

I cried all the way to the airport, wallowing in my own sadness. I knew I was acting like a child, but I couldn't hold myself together. Once we pulled p to the terminal, I grabbed my stuff and made a beeline straight to the guest services.

"I'd like to change my flight," I said.

"Sure thing," the woman in front of me said, "would you like the same seat?"

"It doesn't matter."

........

I guess that's how I ended up on a plane back home.

I was sitting in the window seat of A3, my eyes blurry and tear stained. Everything seemed to fall apart so quickly, and no matter how hard I tried to figure out what happened it never worked. Maybe I shouldn't have ran away, maybe I should have told him the truth.

But at this point, I don't even know what the truth is.

Besides, it didn't matter anymore; I was finally going home, even if it was four days too soon. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, and felt the buzz of the plane taking off. Even if I wanted to run back to him and fix everything, I couldn't.

I was already in the air.